Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gsg Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 23, 2006, 08:20 AM
    Blower Motor
    I have read multiple posts about wiring for blower motors and saw one that almost answered my question.

I have an old blower motor that I would like to convert to a shop air filter. I know that it is a multi-speed motor. It has 8 wire connections and are labeled as such:

Power cap cap low med-low med med-hi hi

I have run wire to power and hi and the motor spins, but no where near as fast as I would think. Label says that its 1380RPM.

All of the other speeds will function if I mover my connection and perform slower than hi.

In the post that I read, it mentioned about multi connections for faster speeds. Would that mean that I could hook power to med-hi and hi and not cook the motor?

Any suggestions/comments appreciated.

Garage Shop Guy
    gsg Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 23, 2006, 02:05 PM
    Update: While I was waiting for a reply, I tried wiring up 2 connections to the motor. No change. This thing is pretty much useless to me unless I can get it kicked into a higher speed.

GSG

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Blower Motor bad or what? [ 7 Answers ]

Howdy, My FURNACE/AC blower motor has quit workng. Checked unit... the squirrel cage fan spins smoothy, no bearing noise or roughness, when turned by hand. When I turn A/C on I hear A/C unit come on but fan doesn't blow. Same when turning on heating unit. Same response in 'AUTO' or 'ON' modes....

Furnace blower motor [ 10 Answers ]

I have a Climatrol Furnace, and it stopped working. I called a Heating Co, and the technician said that that the motor was bad, it's and old unit with Climatrol no longer in business. I might be able to find a used motor, but I really need a new furnace. After he left I was reaching in and I was...

Blower motor cuts out [ 2 Answers ]

The blower motor on my furnace cuts out when I turn on the AC. I have the unit set to run the fan continuously and when turning on the AC the fan quits. The motor is a direct drive to the squirrel cage. I cleaned the cage and motor and reinstalled. The motor runs but does not seem to be moving...

Blower motor problems [ 1 Answers ]

Hello. I came home last night to find my ac had stopped working. The ac unit runs fine but the blower motor had stopped. I shut the system down and waited till the next day and tried it again. It worked great for about 3 or 4 minutes and then stopped again. The ac unit works but the blower motor...

Blower Motor question [ 9 Answers ]

I live in an 8-year old townhouse and had a routine (my first) maintenance visit. The supposedly reputable plumbing technician seemed very thorough, but I wanted to be sure I'm not being taken for a ride. He put on a rubber glove, felt the blower motor & when he pulled his hand back, it was full...

View more questions Search