Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    celiner Posts: 66, Reputation: 5

Aug 23, 2006, 07:24 AM
    Help with title of this book, please.
    Book is a murder mystery. I read it during the late nineties.
    I am sure it was printed from 1985 onwards. It is a murder mystery. A woman goes to the southern states of america to take over a house. She meets a man who is the black sheep of his family. He is a loveable rogue. There is a fight in a bar. Later the young daughter of the bar owners goes missing and is found dead. I think there has been at least one other murder before this. There is some cajun accents and southern music and food mentioned in the novel. The book is written in the style of Nora Roberts and early Tami Hoag. It may well be one of theirs, but I have not been able to find it. The main male and female characters eventually end up together.
    Really enjoyed this story, would be very grateful for any help received.
    celiner Posts: 66, Reputation: 5

Aug 31, 2006, 06:30 AM
    Found it "Cry Wolf". A good one for the beach.

Anyone know if Wally Lamb has a new book in the pipeline
    Two of the best books I have ever read were written by him.
    "She comes undone" and "I know this much is true."
    Excellent.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Unknown book title [ 2 Answers ]

I read a book about a year ago, and I cannot remember what it was. I will try to remember as much detail as I can about it. It was a sci-fi/fantasy style of book. There was a big city, and its inhabitants had access to all sorts of magic and wondrous things, and were essentially gods as they...

Can't remember the title of this book [ 3 Answers ]

Okay, I'm hoping someone in this extended community may recognize this book I read years ago (early 70's) and foolishly gave away in a move (also many years ago). I would classify it as fantasy but of the alternative world (no elves, etc.) category. It was a long (500+ pages?) big paperback. As...

Need Book Title [ 0 Answers ]

I am trying to find the title of a book I read a long time ago But I can't remember it. I just remember that it was written by an African author and it was a story about a young girl who falls in love With her teacher and couldn't marry him because he was of lower class Other men however pursue...

Title to a book [ 1 Answers ]

A while back I was told of a book about a boy who has an "imaginary" friend Mr. Beasley, but he is really the devil. That is all I have. I thought it would be simple cause I was told the title was "Mr. Beasley", but when I try to look it up, I get nothing. I don't believe anyone else knew that it...

View more questions Search