Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lilfyre Posts: 508, Reputation: 98

Aug 23, 2006, 06:57 AM
    Guinea pig issue
    I would like your opinion please read and let me know what you think

Most of you know me and I am always talking about my guinea pig rescue or my pets or my daughter, well recently, we took part in a huge rescue, I will post the article so if you all wanted to read it you could

A seizure of about 140 guinea pigs from a barn
    http://www.mccuesmercantile.com/cavy_cruelty_pics.htm

Our link to Have A heart guinea pig rescue
    http://www.petfinder.org/shelters/NJ250.html
    binx44 Posts: 1,028, Reputation: 88
    Ultra Member

Aug 31, 2006, 04:40 AM
    I don't know why people do this to animals what have they ever done to us.. absolutely nothing. I am so glad there are people around like you that take the time to rescue and re-habilitate these poor cute baby's... I praise you for all the good you do...

Have a good one
    BIM Posts: 245, Reputation: 50

Aug 31, 2006, 07:00 PM
    What a wonderful thing that you do!! People like you make the world a better place.

Thank you.
    fed up Posts: 91, Reputation: 6

Sep 1, 2006, 07:40 PM
    Please tell me that the people, and I use that term losely will be charged with what ever charges can be imposed on them? How could any decent human being ever allow this to happen to poor harmless animals. God bless you for the work that you do. Your rewards will be ten fold.
    valinors_sorrow Posts: 2,927, Reputation: 653
    I regard all beings mostly by their consciousness and little else

Sep 1, 2006, 08:22 PM
    The Holocaust, the genocides in Turkey, Cambodia, Bosnia, and Rwanda.. . Argentina, El Salvador.. . China and Indonesia.. . Many examples of a "them and us" mentality that permitted unimaginable cruelty-- not that guinea pigs aren't important but rather its all the same continuum. It makes my heart just ache. Cruelty is a sickness that does not go unnoticed in the spiritual realm, even for the smallest of creatures. I am sure of that.

Sep 24, 2006, 06:00 AM
    I would like to thank all that had answered and just wanted to let you all know that we have managed to place most of them in foster homes. As each one has healed and become healthy, we have been finding forever homes for them in pair and trios. We still have a lot of females on pregnancy watch, so it will be a while for the girl, as we will not adopt them out if we think they might be pregnant so we are holding them all for 68 days. We have had many babies. Anyhow thanks for your thoughts.

You can still check the seizure of about 140 guinea pigs from a barn
    http://www.mccuesmercantile.com/cavy_cruelty_pics.htm

Our link to Have A heart guinea pig rescue
    http://www.petfinder.org/shelters/NJ250.html
    fed up Posts: 91, Reputation: 6

Sep 24, 2006, 07:38 AM
    Keep up the good work. People like you make the difference in this crazy world that we live in. Your example with set the pace for the young children that we are raising in an already corrupt word. Thanks again.
    AKaeTrue Posts: 1,599, Reputation: 272
    Ultra Member

Sep 24, 2006, 05:27 PM
    That was horrible living conditions!!
    I hope they all find new wonderful homes.
    My thoughts are with you and all the piggies.

Sep 24, 2006, 05:47 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by AKaeTrue
    That was horrible living conditions!!!
    I hope they all find new wonderful homes.
    My thoughts are with you and all the piggies.

Thank you I am out of ratings at this point, (O: I will catch you later to rate,

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

New Guinea Pig [ 9 Answers ]

Hey everyone. So aylas special buy from our tax return was a pet guinea pig. She wanted a kitten but we can't have pets except caged animals, and I didn't want a bunny so she picked a guinea pig. We got him on Friday, he is healthy and clean. But he is still simply hiding under his...

Guinea Pig [ 5 Answers ]

My guinea pig is always pooing( seriously) if I want to hold him I have to have a paper towel on my lap. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Guinea Pig [ 3 Answers ]

Yeh I had 2 male guinea pigs and 1 died they were just over 1 and I'm not sure what to do because I no the other 1 s v.lonely someone said I should have it put down I'm not sure if I buy a new one would they fight?

Guinea pig nails [ 10 Answers ]

I have two guinea pigs who are in desperate need of a pedicure. I've clipped there nails a few times myself... But I am scared to cut too much so I barely cut any off and there curling. One has grown "spurs" and they need to be removed as well. Should I contact a vet or a groomer? Vets do dog and...

Guinea pig playtime [ 1 Answers ]

Hi again, This is similar to my other hamster question but its about my guineas. I want to play with my guineas as well but they are really nervous little things and the slightest noise will make them go wild running all over the show. Also last time I let them out one ran up my pants leg because...

View more questions Search