Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    loughs lumber Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Mar 1, 2009, 04:38 PM
    Do any one know if General Field Mining CO. Limited,is for real?
    General Field Mining , Accra North Ghana. Need to know if there is a co. or not.
    MR. Prince Abbas Hamza , Son of the Chief of Village Paramount. The Chief is the one owns the CO.? Is this a real business?
    Thank you. L.L
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Mar 1, 2009, 04:40 PM
    Let me guess you have received an e-mail with a business proposition worth several MILLION DOLLARS??
    Hmm now let me think...
    Remember if it sounds to good to be true it most likely is.

OK 5 seconds on Google and it appears that they are a Gold scammer: http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=Gen...ient=firefox-a

Best advice, Delete and ignore!
    loughs lumber Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Mar 1, 2009, 05:09 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Curlyben View Post
    Let me guess you have received an e-mail with a business proposition worth several MILLION DOLLARS ?!?!?!
    Hmm now let me think......
    Remember if it sounds to good to be true it most likely is.

OK 5 seconds on Google and it appears that they are a Gold scammer: General Field Mining - Google Search

Best advice, Delete and ignore !!
    Thank you verry much. I will take your advice. L.L
    terryjmatthews Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 17, 2009, 11:31 AM
    A Google search for the General Field Mining Company Limited doesn't yield any links that say the company is not for real. I am looking at a 1995 Certificate of Incorporation of the company wherein it is a legitimate Ghana registered corporation. Is there any actual scams carried out by this company, or, are people just paranoid because there is some automatic-negative factor applied to a Ghana company in the gold business.

Gold mining is a legitimate business that has been well established in Ghana for many years.

Please disclose to us all what actual evidence there is to support the belief this company is not legitimate...
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Sep 17, 2009, 11:45 AM
    Terry, did you actually read anything from the link supplied.

This is a well known Advanced Fee Fraud Scam also known as a 419 scam.

The first link alone screams scam: General Field Mining Ltd (gh),Manufacturer

The actual company may well be legitimate, but these "Offers" are nothing but a scam attempting to appeal to people innate greed.
    terryjmatthews Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 17, 2009, 01:30 PM
    I get all sorts of scam emails and whatnot, just like anyone else. This one started different than most and caught my interest. You see;

I wasn't contacted by the General Field Mining Company (GFMC). Nobody has asked me to buy anything from them (yet). Rather, I've been contacted by Mr. Wilson Peter (likely fake name) who actually got my contact information from someone who knows someone I worked with many years ago when I was a young engineer managing an oil and gas service contract in Ghana. So the whole thing had a ring of legitimacy that you don't often get. In other words, this didn't come to me like most scams do. For entertainment I thought I would pull on the thread to see where it goes. I was 99% sure (which leaves 1% of hope it wasn't) the whole thing was just an attempt to extort money from me. Now I'm 100% sure it's a scam, but I'm going to lead the crooks on and see how much information I can get out of them and how long I can string them along until they realize what I'm doing. My contact, Mr. Peter has sent me a bunch of documents that look fairly legitimate. The documents show that Wilson bought 100KG of gold from GFMC a couple of years ago. Wilson wants me to "help him find a buyer for his gold". What a joke! Who needs help finding a buy for gold these days? Anyway I've sent Wilson some clarification questions on his documents (some are clearly fake) to see how he responds.

I think the whole thing is quite funny and it amazes me the extent to which some people will go to steal our money. In any event, maybe I should share these documents with anyone who is interested so that we can toy with these clowns. Oh yea, they have one other trick; I'm given a UK phone number to call. But I can tell from the very poor quality of the phone line, it's not a UK phone but likely somewhere in central Ghana (the phones are truly awful in Ghana).

I don't think this is a "419", A 419 is a very specific type of scam that contravenes code 419 in Nigerian law and it involves sending big bad cheques in exchange for good smaller cheques based on some sort of family-disaster/sob story.

If anyone is interested, I'll keep you posted as I entertain myself scamming the scammers...
    jeverett2 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 30, 2010, 12:05 PM
    GFM is for real but they are crooks. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THEM. If you do, do not give them any money until you are at the PMMC and seeing the gold with you own eyes, even then, do not pay them until after the gold has been assayed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Limited real estate warranty [ 2 Answers ]

What is a limited warranty in real estate

Gem mining [ 1 Answers ]

We live in virginia We have been to franklin NC to do some gem minning Does anyone know were we can go next?

Data mining [ 3 Answers ]

Si, Would u explain me the "wat is mean by data mining?" and the advantages of it.

Limited warranty real estate deed [ 1 Answers ]

What is the difference in a limited warranty real estate deed and a general warranty deed?

View more questions Search