Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kaycharles Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 1, 2009, 04:17 PM
    Thermostat replacement from carrier to hunter
    My current termostat wires from wall are white,yellow,green;orange,red,blue .
    My new thermostat has connectors the say G, RC,RH,Y/O,W/B,Y1

What do I do?
    KC13 Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 99
    Ultra Member

Mar 1, 2009, 04:32 PM
    The thing to do is return the new thermostat to the place of purchase, and select one that is compatible for your system (2-heat/1-cool/heat pump). While you're at it, do yourself a favor and choose something other than Hunter. The few extra bucks spent for a Honeywell will be well worth it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Replacement of Carrier Heat Pump Thermostat with Honeywell TH6000 series thermostat. [ 4 Answers ]

I have a Carrier Series 50QT Electric heat pump that still uses the original non programmable thermostat. I am trying to replace it with Honeywell TH6000 series programmable thermostat. The wiring on the existing Thermostat as follows: O - White, I am thinking this is the Reversing Valve? Y...

Wiring codes from old Carrier thermostat to new Hunter thermostat [ 1 Answers ]

WIRING CODE HELP FOR THERMOSTAT I am in an office and have an old Carrier programmable thermostat which no longer works. I purchased a Hunter 44660 thermostat to replace. My problem is that the wiring codes on the previous thermostat do not match up the codes on the new thermostat. Codes and...

Wiring from old carrier thermostat to Hunter 44860 [ 3 Answers ]

Hi! I need help how to wire properly my new Hunter thermostat model 44680 from an old carrier stat that has wires w/ colors red,blue,yellow,green,& white.I have read some wiring combination from other site but want to be sure the proper wiring?I would appreciate any help!thanks! ntmags

Wiring a carrier ac to a hunter thermostat [ 1 Answers ]

I Need To Know Witch Wires To Hook Up From The Ac To The Thermostat Since They Do Not All Match In Color. I Have A 3 Ton Carrier Ac.the Wires For The Thermostat From The Ac Are Light Green Yellow Tan Orange The Thermostat Hookups Are W

Carrier to Hunter Thermostat [ 2 Answers ]

I have a non-programmable 6-wire Carrier thermostat (TSATCCNHP01-B) and I want to install a programmable Hunter (model "Auto Saver" 44550). The Carrier now has the: * Blue wire connected to O/W2 * Red -> R * Yellow -> Y/Y2 * Green -> G * Black -> C * White -> W/W1. I am confused about how...

View more questions Search