Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    amateur123456 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 1, 2009, 12:55 PM
    Wiring for Honeywell RTH7600D, old system was Honeywell T841A1217
    I'd be most grateful for some assistance in wiring a new Honeywell RTH7600D to a heat pump system that has AC as well as Aux and Emergency heat (which I guess makes it a multi-stage system?). My old system was a Honeywell 841A1217, which had the following wires; I wired them to the new system as follows:

Color: Old: New:
    White W2 Aux
    Black X C
    Orange O O/B
    Brown E E
    Green G G
    Yellow Y Y
    Red R R (jumpered to Rc)

Absolutely nothing happens when I throw the power to the AC/furnace back on. Can't get anything to work--fan, heat, nothing. I can't tell whether the problem is with the wiring, or whether something else is wrong. I believe I did the settings properly (setting 170 is set to 7, 190 is set to 0), but we're basically living in a meat locker now that I've disabled the old thermostat, and Honeywell seems to take Sundays off (can't blame them, I suppose). Can anyone lend a helping hand and prevent my girlfriend from leaving me for forcing her to live in Siberia? Thanks so much!
    KC13 Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 99
    Ultra Member

Mar 1, 2009, 01:13 PM
    Is the black wire connected to "C" at the indoor unit? If not, the new thermostat may not function.
    amateur123456 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 1, 2009, 01:38 PM
    You mean is the black wire connected to "C" on the new thermostat? The answer to that is yes. If you're asking how it's connected to the indoor portion of the heat pump/AC, I can't tell--all 7 wires are bundled in a cable that goes to the indoor portion of the pump/AC, and I can't tell where the individual wires go from there. I only know that the black wire was connected to "X" on my old thermostat, and that I've connected it to "C" on the new one. Thanks for your help.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Honeywell system A/C not working? [ 7 Answers ]

Holy Crap it is 82 degrees in the house. I have tried many different settings, read the dang manual can't find out how to get the a/c to come on. Should it be on Auto or should I have it on fan? What temp to set it to? I just tried to look through the frequently asked questions but it didn't...

Replacing a Honeywell T8575D2003 with a Honeywell RTH8500. Having trouble with wires [ 1 Answers ]

I'm replacing a Honeywell T8575D2003 with a Honeywell RTH8500. Didn't think there would be issues, manuals are all straight forward. However when I removed the T8575, the wiring set up did not match what the RTH8500 was expecting. The T8575 has 8 wires connected as follows < 1 ...

Install Honeywell RTH230B, Removing Honeywell Q674L [ 2 Answers ]

I am removing a old (1987) Honeywell Mercury THermostat Q472L Base that has W, R, Y, G, B, O. The RTH230B has Rc (which I assume to be B), Rh (which I assume to be R), Y (to Y), W(to W), G (to G). I have no idea what to do with the O (which I read could be the Changeover. Do I just tape it up...

Installing Honeywell RTH6300B from an older 7 wire Honeywell. PROBLEMS [ 4 Answers ]

Hello everyone, I am new here. I found this site which trying to troubleshoot my problem. Any assistance would be GREATLY appreciated. Basically I have an older honeywell programmable thermostat with 7 wires attached. They are as follows... C - Black wire L - Blue wire R- Red wire W2 - brown...

Replacing Honeywell T8411R with Honeywell RTH7500 - wiring problems [ 1 Answers ]

I need help getting my new, programmable thermostat to work. I currently have a dual-stage Heat Pump and A/C unit that works fine. The current thermostat is the Honeywell T8411R. I don't know the number for the subbase, but it's the one that came with the thermostat. The current (operational)...

View more questions Search