Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Tenderspirit Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 23, 2006, 12:44 AM
    Urgent cats eye turned white
    One of my friends has a cat. The cats has always had mild runny eyes. His mother told him to put some Visine in the cat's eye. I am not sure what kind of Visine he used but I don't believe it was just the salene kind. A few hours or so later the cat's eye turned completely white. The next day it was still completely white. I told him to call the vet but I am sure he did not. Do you believe that Visine would completely blind a cat in the eye it was used on. Or what do you think happened? Thank you for any diagnosis. :eek:
    binx44 Posts: 1,028, Reputation: 88
    Ultra Member

Aug 23, 2006, 06:43 AM
    I don't know if visine will hurt a cats eyes or not but he should seriously call his vet. It may have not been caused by he visine at all but could have just appeared by chance at the same time. It could possibly have been an infection that ended in blindness or temporary blindness
    lilfyre Posts: 508, Reputation: 98

Aug 23, 2006, 06:51 AM
    Many over the counter medications are dangerous for animals, I see this all too often people that think they know what they are doing end up injuring or killing their pet because they want to say money or they think they know better. I help to run a Guinea pig rescue; there is no way to describe the things that I have seen. Please have the cat seen by a vet, NOW do not wait. With the eye, I would say it is already lost, but out of the kindness of your heart see the cat get the medical attention it deserves
    airbats-goku Posts: 220, Reputation: 16

Feb 24, 2007, 10:32 PM
    Is the cat white? White cats are often prone to congenital eye problems and these problems can be an indicator of other health concerns. Please contact your vet.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Computer turned on, nothing on screen [ 9 Answers ]

I turned on my comp, power comes on but there isn't anything on screen as if I was away from my computer for a long period. I triple checked all wires, un-plugged and replugged everything, switch new monitor and it won't work. Someone please help me.

Hair turned yellow, need help! [ 2 Answers ]

I had a dark blondish hair color.. with light highlights.. I decided to change my color.. I wanted my hair all one color.. a lightish blonde, but I have a very low budget so I decided to do it myself and went to the store and bought a blonde hair color (Clairol - Born Blonde 'Original').. it...

Who turned off the lights? [ 4 Answers ]

Okay, there's this weird stuff that has happened to me a few times. It started like this. Once I when I lived in sc I wrked at this place where I took care of a alziemer patient. Well I take this lady to the bathroom and sit her on the toilet. The next I know she has her pajamas on and I am tucking...

When the water was turned on again! [ 3 Answers ]

Had to turn the water line off for some repair work and after turning it back on after a half hour or so I flushed one of the toilets and KABOOM. Flushed the other toilet and same thing. I can understand some air in the line being compressed by all that water pressure but how to relieve it so it...

No water unless faucet slowly turned. [ 6 Answers ]

Hello. We have a fauced that when turned normally does not have any water flowing out. There is a bang when this is done too. If the faucet is turned slowly, water will come out. Thanks!

View more questions Search