Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    saragg8 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 22, 2006, 08:41 PM
    Kenmore dryer
    My dryer go on but there's no heat I just had it fix for the same problem. I was told it had a breaker that may turn heat back on. HELP I don't know where it is. Thank you.
    GobbleDog Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 23, 2006, 06:50 AM
    I assume the breaker they're referring to is the main breaker box in your house. Apparently, dryers use two breaker switches - one to spin the dryer and one for the heat. The two switches are usually connected by a bar. Flip both of them off and then back on. See if that helps. If not, there's a million threads on this site about Kenmore dryers not heating - and one of them is mine. And I still haven't fixed it.
    countryboy895 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 1, 2010, 01:38 PM
    I have never installed a dryer plug that was not a standard 30amp, 240volt plug on a single standard two pole 30amp breaker. Your problem is probably eighter a burnt element or nearby wire or one of the heat sensors attatched to the heat tunnel where the element coils are located. You could pull the terminals off each sensor and check for continuity through them and check the continuity through the element as well.
    jgrella Posts: 13, Reputation: 2

Aug 20, 2011, 08:45 PM
    Your problem is the thermofuse on the dryer internally. That is what the repair tech was speaking of. It would need to be replaced not reset. It is not a resettable fuse. I would also check your dryer vent. It could be clogged.
    drtom4444 Posts: 3,282, Reputation: 145
    Ultra Member

Aug 21, 2011, 08:13 AM
    These driers will do that when the lint builds up like concrete on the inside of the air ducts. You need to totally tear it down and scrape out and wash all of the parts except the motor, which you vacuum out. Here are the service manuals which I will leave up for two days: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8010163/Drier%20Service%20manuals.zip . You can go to YouTube to see videos on how to take it apart, but do a very good job or it will fail again quickly. You may need to replace a blown thermal fuse which is near the elements. Check the different safeties to find the one that is bad; they are wired in series. I would get a new belt and change it while you have it apart and get some white lithium grease and grease any bearings you find. You need to clean out a drier every two years, at least, according to the manual. Another possibility is a bad door switch, but it's rare for them to fail. What you have to do is tear it apart and check all safeties and you will find the problem fairly easily with a good ohm meter. Check everything out before you buy any parts and never change a part without checking with an ohm meter to see if the part on the drier is bad. Good Luck. DrTom4444

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kenmore HE3 Dryer [ 4 Answers ]

Dryer is getting electricity because the lights come on when a drying selection is pushed. The drum will not turn. When I press the start button, I hear a clicking sound and nothing happens after that! What's up with this?

Kenmore Dryer problems [ 5 Answers ]

Just recently our Kenmore elec. dryer started leaving stains on our clothing. The stains look like the little guy that lives in the dryer and steals socks takes a grease pencil and makes little marks that are from a half inch to 3 inches long. There is usually only one mark on each garment and...

Kenmore Dryer [ 2 Answers ]

My dryer runs. But, there is no heat. Is that an easy fix?

Kenmore Gas Dryer [ 3 Answers ]

When I push the start button it sounds like it wants to start but it won't. I opened the door and depressed the safety switch to see if the drum would turn, It won't. If I keep pushing the start button, after a few seconds it stops making a noise like it is trying to start and begins to click( like...

View more questions Search