Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    RaeEW Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Mar 1, 2009, 02:46 AM
    Irregular periods, and pregnancy symptoms, but negative pregnancy test at home
    Hi, Im 19 and I have had irregular periods since January of 09 My last normal period was on Nov 24 of 08 and then I was 13 days late for my period and it was really light. The next month I was only three days late, but my period was barely there. I have been experiencing many signs of pregnance, but I just took an at home pregnancy test and it was negative. Is there still a chance I am pregnant, or may I have other issues?
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Mar 1, 2009, 02:57 AM

Are you on birth control? Having unprotected sex? What symptoms are you experiencing? Are you using first morning urine for the test?

Mar 1, 2009, 03:11 AM
    Um I'm not on anything and My BF and I haven't been using any protection except pulling out and that doesn't happen all the time. My breasts are really sore and they are getting a bit bigger. I have been having headaches and I have been super tired. Way more than usual. Im not even a very moody person, but I find myself snapping at almost everyone over almost nothing.

Mar 1, 2009, 03:13 AM
    I have been feeling something that feels kind of like pinching or twitching in my lower belly. No I actually tested at night, but I thought that now you could use the newer tests at anytime.
    Vision Expert

Mar 1, 2009, 03:14 AM

Are you trying to get pregnant?

Mar 1, 2009, 03:16 AM
    No Im not trying. It isn't really something that I want right now. I really just didn't think that with how often we see each other(1 or 2 times a month) that I could get pregnant.
    Vision Expert

Mar 1, 2009, 03:20 AM
    I'm sorry if this sounds rude...

BUT are you kidding me? You are not on birth control, not using condoms, and not even pulling out?? And don't want to get pregnant?

These are things that people who want to get pregnant do.

Yes, there's a very good chance that you are pregnant.

You need to go to planned parenthood. Get a pap smear, get a pregnancy test, if its negative get on birth control and get free condoms. Please use both. And please get every pamphlet they have because you need some serious sex education.

Mar 1, 2009, 03:21 AM

Im just trying to figure out if I should see a doctor because I should have started my period yesterday and nothing is happening. But since I had a negative test I don't know if I should just let it go and assumethat its stress or something.

Mar 1, 2009, 03:22 AM
    No you aren't being rude, just honest. Thank You.
    Vision Expert

Mar 1, 2009, 03:23 AM

If you are only one day late for your period, give it time. I would say take another test in a week, and use first morning urine.

Mar 1, 2009, 03:26 AM
    Oh yeah, Im not thinking that I got pregnant last month, it would have been December, which is when everything started to be weird. With being really late and all. Are there any things that can cause a false negative. In someone who could possibly be a little further along?
    Vision Expert

Mar 1, 2009, 03:27 AM

I would say that its time to go to the doctor and get a blood test then.

Mar 1, 2009, 03:29 AM

Ok well thank you, I was hoping that because it was negative it would mean I wasn't. But Im sure what you are saying makes more sense.
    Vision Expert

Mar 1, 2009, 03:33 AM

Either way you need to go to the doctor. If you are mature enough to have sex, you are mature enough to either be responsible and be safe or deal with the consequences of a child.

Mar 1, 2009, 03:40 AM

You are right thank you.
    Vision Expert

Mar 1, 2009, 03:46 AM

No problem. Make sure to come back and keep us updated.

Mar 1, 2009, 03:48 AM

I will, I will be making a Dr appointment for Monday. So I will be knowing what's wrong with me soon.

Mar 8, 2009, 11:37 PM

Hello there, I just wanted to keep you updated. I went to the doctor and had a blood test and I am pregnant. I am 14 weeks. So thank you for your advice.
    rayne14 Posts: 24, Reputation: 3

Feb 24, 2012, 09:16 AM
    It doesn't really matter when you test if you are pregnant it will read anytime but yes the morning urine is better to tell if it is an early, and pulling out never works a man can leak sperm before actuall cuming and it only takes 1 sperm to get pregnant, and if the test said no wait a week and try again if no sign of a period and if still said no. Go to the doctor
    chandra0404 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 15, 2012, 10:57 PM
    We are trying to conceive a baby from past 6 months. We met doctor during second month. She suggested for doppler test for me and X- ray test for my wife and told everything looks good. For the first 4 months my wife had irregular periods, since last 2 months she is getting regular periods. When approached doctor she advised to use regumet and ovaral l. we are using medicines since last 4 months and my wife is not pregnant till now.
    Please help us...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Negative test and pregnancy symptoms [ 14 Answers ]

I am so confused my periods are usually irregular I was supposed to of started my period around April 17 or so but, I had unprotected sex with my husband April 20th. I am not on birth control. Well on May 1st I had what I thought was my period and I think was my period but, it lasted 2 days. It...

Negative test but all symptoms of pregnancy [ 2 Answers ]

I have every sign of pregnancy, but a negative test. Why was my test negative?

Missed period, symptoms.. Pregnancy test negative! [ 2 Answers ]

I am two weeks late in starting my period. I have tender breasts, bloated feeling, even my upper legs feel sore, my teeth hurt, which is not normal for me. I took a pregnancy test early last week, it came out negative. Took another one last night, again negative. This morning while showering I...

Negative test but still have pregnancy symptoms [ 3 Answers ]

OK so my period started last week but it was kind of a weird one... it had started on Wednesday and was kind of heavy. Then on Thursday it was pretty light and was gone by Friday. My period is ALWAYS on time... I also have a lot of the symptoms of being pregnant... tired all the time, my boobs are...

Pregnancy Symptoms, negative test [ 4 Answers ]

This is my situation: My husband and I decided to stop my birth control in January because I was having a lot of side effects. We were going to attempt the fertility awareness method and use condoms during the week of ovulation. Well the week after I stopped I had a normal week then I began to...

View more questions Search