Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ROLCAM Posts: 1,420, Reputation: 23
    Ultra Member

Mar 1, 2009, 12:54 AM
    What is the Most Poisonous Plant in the World?
    What is the Most Poisonous Plant in the World?
    Marcellus Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Mar 1, 2009, 04:34 AM
    The most poisonous plant in the world is: Ricinus communis. The beans of this plant contains gas that is 6000 more poisonous than cyanide gas!
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Mar 1, 2009, 06:54 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcellus View Post
    The most poisonous plant in the world is: Ricinus communis. The beans of this plant contains gas that is 6000 more poisonous than cyanide gas!
    Yes, commonly called the Castor Oil Plant. A very popular garden variety known for its large green blue leaves. Four beans off this plant can kill a horse.

Experienced gardners know what this plant is capable of and if guarded properly is not harmful.

Tick
    Just Dahlia Posts: 2,155, Reputation: 445
    Ultra Member

Mar 23, 2009, 11:36 AM

I hope this isn't a plant you can buy at a nursery and plant in your yard, unintentionally killing something or some one. Is there a warning on it? There are so many people who just buy plants because they are pretty and don't look into what they are or how they grow. People and animals shouldn't die because of mine or any ones ignorance.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Mar 23, 2009, 03:49 PM

Yes, dahlia, this is a bean you can buy from a nursery in a package. An old fashioned plant that grows large with HUGE LEAVES.

It is only dangerous to cats and I don't believe a cat would actually go near one and eat a seed.
    Just Dahlia Posts: 2,155, Reputation: 445
    Ultra Member

Mar 24, 2009, 09:52 AM

Thank you tickle, I feel better.
    I always know what I'm buying and if it's going to work in my garden/yard, but that kind of worried me.
    faooooo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 30, 2011, 04:08 PM
    I like the poop.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

WOE is Highly Poisonous! [ 15 Answers ]

Please read this this report. Glad I came across this article confirming it's very dangerous! Rip-off Report: World Of Entertainment 23 .com highly poisonos mercury & steroid based skin products Internet

Are Pepper Seeds Poisonous? [ 10 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me if pepper (as in the red / green / yellow / orange variety) seeds are poisonous? I've been told it by a couple of people but I'm not sure whether to believe them or not!

Can bananas go poisonous? [ 3 Answers ]

Will bananas go poisonous if kept in the fridge?

What spider is this? Poisonous? [ 3 Answers ]

This guy fell from my door as I was walking under it tonight. I have them all over my house in northern Indiana. What is it? Is it dangerous to humans or cats? It's about the size of a quarter. Click here to see the photo I took of it.Thank you!

Can ladybugs be poisonous to dachshunds? [ 4 Answers ]

My six-month old dachshund has vomited several times in the past day and a half. With the holiday, we weren't able to get into the vet until tomorrow. He is fine right now, but I just caught him eating a ladybug. Now he is coughing a bit and gagging a little. We've had quite a few of these...

View more questions Search