Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Feb 28, 2009, 11:56 PM
    Staffordshire Terrier
    Hi there,

We just got a new puppy. She's a Staffordshire Terrier. She's going to be 8 weeks old on Monday. I've done a tad bit of research on them, but want some personal experience from some folks. So please give me some tips and advice. My main concern is that she is the runt and she was taken from her mother at 6 weeks. She's doing GREAT with house training. We've had her a week, and only one accident inside.

Thank you in advance.

P.S. Does it ALWAYS mean that dogs are sick when their noses are dry?
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Mar 1, 2009, 04:14 PM

Congrats to the new little addition CM! How is your other little one taking to the new "girl in town"?

And no, dogs noses can be wet or dry and still be okay health wise.

She sounds like she is bonding to her new family very well. At age 6 weeks it is hard not to miss her mommy, but I did the same with my female Jack Russell getting her at age 6 weeks also and she has proved to be a true family member.

Your new girl will probably grow up thinking she's people also. They are very loving, protective terriers as well.
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Mar 1, 2009, 11:58 PM

Unfortunately Susan ran away about a month ago. She got out of the fence, and I did everything I could to get her back, but was unsuccessful. I just hope that someone is loving and taking care of her.

Thank you. She is getting along quite well. She's gained 2 pounds this week. I don't know if that's a bit much or if that's normal at her age. But she is already getting big and it's amazing to watch her change day by day.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Bull Mastif / Staffordshire Bull Terrier Under Weight [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, My dog is half Bull Mastiff and Staffordshire Bull Terrier and has a good appetite but it doesn't seem to matter much we feed him he still looks underweight, we've also had him wormed and the vets say that he is in very good shape and that the weight will come. He is 7 months and very big in...

Concerned.. . Staffordshire Terrier acting very strange. [ 1 Answers ]

My husband and I have a male Staffordshire Terrier and a female Chihuahua at home. I know this is an odd combination. My husband brought the Staff into the marriage and I brought the Chi. Both have been fixed. The dogs have lived under the same roof for about 5 years now. Normally the Staff is...

Is Barratts of Staffordshire earthware collectible? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 30 piece earth ware dinner service by Barratts of Staffordshire.It's still in its original box Dose any one know its value?

Staffordshire bull terrier puppy [ 6 Answers ]

We have just bought a staff puppy, the breeder told us she was 8 weeks old but we now know she is only 5 weeks old. She is very lethargic, doesn't walk well and we don't know what to feed her. Please can you help us.? Also, what will she drink?? Thanks. J

Staffordshire oatcakes. [ 5 Answers ]

does anyone have a recipe for staffordshire oatcakes? Thanks.:confused:

View more questions Search