Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    da62ke92 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 28, 2009, 10:27 PM
    I will like to know how's my criminal record?
    I was caught shoplifting in 1986 twice pay with community work and never got trouble again,now I want to work in a hospital and I was told by friends that if I have criminal records I can't work in hospital,so I will like to know before I put an application.
    BIGBOPPER Posts: 351, Reputation: 28

Feb 28, 2009, 10:50 PM

The first question, where you a juvenile when you were arrested? Secondly, could you call the State's Attorney's office in your town, or the county seat, and ask them to run your record and see what shows?
    Also, call the human resources office of your local hospital. You don't have to give them any personal information. Just ask them about the charges and whether that would prohibit you from working there. Give them the story that you are thinking about getting a nursing degree, or medical tech degree and want to know if they would hire you with your past.
    What kind of work do you want to do in a hospital? Some jobs, it isn't a big issue, like maintenance workers, or cooks. But give it a try. Good luck!
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Mar 1, 2009, 12:41 AM

Hi, da62ke92!

I really like the answer above! Also, if having some sort of record might be a bar to employment or even licensing, in the state that I live in, there is a waiver program that people can apply for after a certain amount of time since a conviction, that will allow them to work in and also be licensed in certain kinds of health care positions. Certain conditions must be met though in order to have the waiver applied.

Perhaps there might be a similar program in the state where you're located?

Thanks!
    lilbay Posts: 64, Reputation: 11

Mar 16, 2009, 04:32 PM
    As stated if it was a thing you done as a minor than it is not showing now records are sealed when you become an adult.
    If you done it as an adult
    You may be able to search your record on your states Judiciary court records site.
    Try doing a Google search of your states Judiciary records and see if they are online.
    Than enter your name and the date range and see if it comes back.
    If your state is one that does not offer this online than a trip the local court house can get you a record of your record. They may charge 10.00 but it is simple enough to go to he court house and ask.
    If in fact it is still on your record and you worry this will prevent you from getting a job and it is that old and you completed any and all requirements you can pay like 30.00 to get it expunged from your record.
    A Google search can tell you more on how to do it in your state.
    Just do a Google search for
    Expunging records (enter your state here)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What can you do with a criminal record? [ 4 Answers ]

What kind of jobs can you possibly receive with a criminal record? And if you move to another state and you apply for a job will your record show in that state also?

Do I have a criminal record? [ 10 Answers ]

I was caught with some items in my stroller with my son in a grocery store but no police were called down to the store. I was let go after some paperwork with the store and was told I couldn't shop there for 6 months. Its been a year since this incident and nothing else has become of it and I'm...

My criminal record [ 4 Answers ]

How can I view my criminal record w/o paying some website for the privilege?

Criminal record [ 3 Answers ]

Would anyone know in the NY state area can one become a CPA with a criminal record?

Criminal Record [ 2 Answers ]

How to run a criminal background check, a full and detail one?

View more questions Search