Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Dgoldfarb1124 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 28, 2009, 07:33 PM
    Lying Issue
    I know there are plenty of lying issue threads I can read here and I have read them but I feel that writing it down and having people try to help me will help me more. I have a serious lying problem. Its nothing to hurt anyone serious till all my lies build up where no one can trust me anymore. I won't lie about where I'm going or cheating or do anything bad like that. I lie to make myself feel better. For example, I said I was a fireman in high school because all my friends did it and I wasent qualified to do it. I moved away from home and no one knew me so I said I was a fireman and thought people looked up to that. Honestly people probibly didt give a . Im in serious now because I'm about to lose my girlfriend who I truly care about and her child. I feel both of them motivate me to become a better person because I'm really sad withmyself. IM not suicided... much... but I feel that I don't know anything about anything because in my past I lied about know it no one ever taught me. I have a bad listening problem too and I pretend to listen and lie about listening and just saying you... really?. that's sucks... I totally agree kind of convosations. Half the stories people tell me I just wait till there done talking so I can Bull about something even better but its not even true. My sister and her boyfriend have been telling this to me for years but I think they gave up on me and I figured it was because I changed... but now my girlfriend can't stand to be around me half the time because she dosne even know if I'm telling her to truth about loving her. I just needed to tell someone that because no one else listens to me anymore because of my problem. If anyone has any suggestions let me know.I could really use a friend.
    darkvision Posts: 232, Reputation: 15

Mar 3, 2009, 06:51 PM

I have a cousin that is a habitual liar, she has managed to sever all ties with her family because of it. Why? Because there is a medication that helps her, that on it she doesn't lie but she won't take it. So my advice? Go see a doctor they may be able to find a drug that you can take to stop your issue. In your case generally wanting to be truthful isn't enough, though it is a great start IF you mean it.
    mishelly3 Posts: 300, Reputation: 16

Apr 19, 2009, 11:26 PM

QUIT LYING and TELL THE TRUTH... Be honest with her tell her every little deep dark secret that has do with this lying. And see what happens. At least you were truthful and honest and that alone will make you so much more of a stronger man. So swallow you pride go over beg forgiveness and TELL THEW TRUTH...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lying about dumb stuff [ 19 Answers ]

Well I'm not 100% sure but I'm at least 80% that my girlfriend lied to me about dumb stuff and I don't know why. But I'm not sure how to approach this situation.

Lying about rape [ 3 Answers ]

How can you tell if someone is lying about being raped?

My Issue [ 3 Answers ]

What’s going on with me: Had diarrhea for 2 weeks (2-3 times a day), Tired as tired can be (get plenty of sleep), Can not concentrate (always going off to daydream land) Constipated now (3 days), boobies hurt (have gotten about 1 cup bigger), Eyes feel dry, heavy, and swollen, Few headaches, Going...

W2 Issue [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I have serious problem with my W2 form. My previous employer send me 2 W2. One W2 seems wrong, I don't have any Idea how did they come up with such amount specified and it's also on the state that actually I never work. The other one has no problem and exactly reflect the total on my...

I have a shower issue and venting issue [ 1 Answers ]

I have 4 showers in my house 1 downstairs and 3 upstairs. Two of the 3 upstairs have stopped having hotwater in them, shower A is a tub shower combined unit and has no hot water in it, shower B is a shower only with a jetted tub in the same bathroom but not single unit. The shower in B has no hot...

View more questions Search