Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    abba07 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 28, 2009, 06:38 PM
    10 hp Briggs
    I have a 10 hp b&s on a genearator and it runs good on full choke and runs ruff when I trun the choke off. Also is there a way to bypass the on/off switch? It is kind of in pieces.
    21boat Posts: 2,441, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Feb 28, 2009, 07:03 PM

The air fuel mixture may be off. Check spark plug to make sure its good and not carbon-ed up for a cooler spark which needs more fuel to run.

If that's good its more than likely the air fuel ratio is off. Its not getting too much air when choke is off and runs rough. If there are air fuel balance needle valves there cut down a tad on the air amount. And take off choke.
    It will take some playing with the air fuel mixture balances. You can try adding more fuel and go that way. If the choke is on full add more fuel until the motor starts to load up and smoke. Now back off choke and see what half choke does. If it runs good there then add a tad more fuel until the motor changes then go to no choke and see if it runs good.

You may only have an air adjustment to work with and use that to balance Air fuel Mixture.

This is assuming you have good spark. That's the first thing to make sure off. Check/clean plug or new plug

The on off switch could be replaced with any proper Gage switch that completes the connection. You need to connect the wires to shut off motor other than over choking it to shut down. This will eventually dirty the plug internal parts. Best to use wires at switch even if you jimmy rig another switch.

Signed 21 Boat

If I Helped To Answer Your Question Please Rate My Answer

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

16.5 Briggs ohv oil in air box [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Toro with a 16.5 single cylinder vertical shaft.Oil is dumping out of the crank case vent tube into the air box.It doesn't seem to burn any unless its over filled,Runs and starts fine , I have to add about a pint of oil each time I mow.Compression checks out at around 110.Anyone know...

11.5 to 11 hp briggs [ 1 Answers ]

Will an alternator and armature from a 11.5 briggs mdl#28T707 type 1154 fit on a 11hp briggs mdl#252707 type 0130?

12.5 briggs [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 11hp rear engine snapper. The motor shut down on me so I took it off and replaced with a 12.5hp. The only 2 wires the 11hp had was a starter wire and another that went inside the lid. This 12.5hp has those 2 wires plus 2 more that are both coming out of the side together in the same...

12.5 Briggs won't run [ 5 Answers ]

I posted a question earlier about a Murray mower wiring problem. Thanks for the info. I found the coil was dead and traced all the wiring. Now I am getting fire and gas, but it will not run - or even sputter. The key isn't sheared, and as far as I can tell the bottom end hasn't been opened, but it...

View more questions Search