Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    startover22 Posts: 2,758, Reputation: 363
    Ultra Member

Feb 28, 2009, 12:26 PM
    My friend is getting married for the second time..
    There are about thirty ladies attending tonight to celebrate her marriage. I am going to go, but have a question.
    The lady that put the party together is asking instead of individual gifts (my friend didn't want any) asked if we would all chip in 5 to ten bucks for a bigger gift for a spa or something related. I said of course. To make my contribution a little more special, I wanted to know if I would be out of line if I got her a card and a little something that is more personal. Should I give it to her later? Or would it be a bad idea to give it to her while we all AGREED to give her the other gift? (I want to tell her how proud I am of her in how far she has come from a bad situation into a great one) I don't want to make others uncomfortable if they didn't bring "something in hand"...
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Feb 28, 2009, 12:37 PM

Hi start, what an amazing idea for you to contribute to a spa package or whatever. That's great. If you want to give her a little something with a card, I suggest it would be in better taste to give it to her after, or away from everyone else just so you don't make waves after all agreed on just one gift.

Tick
    Ultra Member

Feb 28, 2009, 12:39 PM
    I think I will go with my gut feeling, like you said I will do it separately. Thanks Tickle!
    She is a special person and I want her to know from my heart how I feel;)
    starbuck8 Posts: 3,128, Reputation: 734
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Feb 28, 2009, 01:52 PM

I agree with Tickle, Starty. That sounds funny... Tickle Starty! Heehee!

I would definitely get her the personal gift, but I would give it to her in private, and say that you are just so proud of her, that you wanted to just keep it between the two of you.

Have you gotten the gift yet? If not, how about a gift cert. at your fave coffee shop, or a nice place to go for lunch, and maybe the two of you could meet after her spa appt.?
    Ultra Member

Feb 28, 2009, 01:54 PM
    Great ideas Starbs... thank you;) I haven't gotten it, I was going to leave a bit early and go and see what I can come up with... I suppose I will need an hour to write in the card... I am no good with words so it will be what it will be. She knows I adore her...
    starbuck8 Posts: 3,128, Reputation: 734
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Feb 28, 2009, 02:02 PM

I love surprises like this, and trying to come up with gift idea's for people. I once got a gift for a friend for her engagement, that was an inexpensive necklace. Actually, it was two necklaces, really. It was a heart that was in two pieces. One piece said "friends" and the other said "forever". They came together, and it's a little hard to explain, but they snapped apart. I took the one that said "friends" and she took the one that said "forever". She wore it at her wedding as her "something new".
    Ultra Member

Feb 28, 2009, 02:21 PM
    Awwww, gosh... Starbs, that is so sweet;)
    friend4u178 Posts: 3,349, Reputation: 1584
    Ultra Member

Feb 28, 2009, 04:06 PM

What about a virtual greeting card starty .
    Ultra Member

Feb 28, 2009, 04:40 PM
    Ohhh yes, but we are so close that I think it needs to be more personal than through the internet. I may just do that as well, so I can write and say what ever I want to her without having to be face to face. I think that is part of my problem... I just love her and wish the best for her, she has made me see a lot about myself that I would have never if we didn't know each other. That is a friend... she knows how I feel and she is one of the only ones in my life that I can talk about anything with and not feel uncomfortable.
    Ultra Member

Mar 1, 2009, 01:04 PM
    Had a great time... got the card and I am going to take her out to dinner one of these nights just her and I... thanks you guys;)
    friend4u178 Posts: 3,349, Reputation: 1584
    Ultra Member

Mar 1, 2009, 03:45 PM

Glad it all worked out starty... she's a lucky lady having you as a friend :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Best friend with married man? [ 21 Answers ]

Okay, I've been thinking forever about this, and have no clue what to do!! I have just found out that my best friend has been dating a married man for the past month. She is 20, and he is 40. We are in college, and she plans to be going to law school in a year. This man that she has been...

My Married Friend [ 7 Answers ]

I have this married female friend that get very upset, when someone say anything negative about me, to the point of confronting them. I know that this friend admire me, But why is she so intense and protective of me?. She has never given me any reason to thinkshe may have feelings for me. Why do...

Married best friend [ 10 Answers ]

Can I be best friends with a married man? We have become pretty close at work and I have become close to his family as well. He says I am his best friend - is that possible?

Undecided on married man long time friend [ 3 Answers ]

:rolleyes: I had fell in love it hurts he told my friend I was his baby and he loves me I am not ugly very beautiful clean smart and funny with a good hart and banging body so I can get who I want I love him though I know my mouth I am sassy and will tell him off he could have told me his wife is...

My Married Friend [ 13 Answers ]

I am a single male that have a close platonic friendship with a married female The extent of our friendship chatter is online. While her husband know that we dialogue via email, He doesn't know to what extent. (content) More personal things concerning our lives, Than anything else.. Nothing...

View more questions Search