Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    demonbrat711 Posts: 79, Reputation: 1

Feb 27, 2009, 10:02 PM
    5 year old talking to gohst.and went to hospital today.
    5 year old talking to gohst.. and went to hospital today please answer?
    So my friends daughter is 5 years old and since she was 2 she has seen ghost and talked to them.. now she's 5 and me and my friend were talking to her today and trying to see what she would say about the ghost and she like wouldn't talk about it.. it was like she was scared to say anything but she was talking about it a little bit.. and I asked her if her"friend"(the ghost) would be mad if she talked about it and she said yes.. so a little while after we were done talking about it she said she didn't feel good so my friend took her temp and it was at 102.5 and my friend took her to the bathroom and gave her a bath to try and get the fever to go down.. and she was having trouble breathing it looked like she was having a panic atack.. and she didn't know where she was she didn't know her name or how old she was she could barley stand or walk so my friend called an ambulance and they went to the hospital and she had a seizure

Could this be because of asking her about the spirits.. could the spirits have gotten mad that she was talking about it.. because it happened so sudden..
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Feb 27, 2009, 11:02 PM
    Hi, demonbrat711!

Many children have imaginary friends with whom they speak. What concrete evidence do you have that she was actually speaking with a ghost at the age of two, please?

Whether this happened because of the spirit is something left to conjecture. If I were you, I would look for any logical, rational explanation first before thinking that it was a spirit that caused the reaction in the child.

I'm not saying that this couldn't have happened because of a spirit, but I would be very cautious about thinking that it was a spirit that caused the reaction in the child.

Hopefully, others will also be along to address your question.

Thanks!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 27, 2009, 11:08 PM

Yes, every bad thing that happened in our house was the "friend" it is very very common for them to have pretend friends, I would assume the idea of it being a ghost came from you or TV
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Mar 16, 2009, 02:46 AM
    Comments on this post
    Wondergirl agrees: Mine was AngelWolf! We're still friends.
    You know something? I really believe you, Wondergirl!

Thanks!
    purpleturtle Posts: 5, Reputation: 2

Apr 19, 2009, 02:33 PM

It might have been the ghost. Ask her what color the eyes on the ghost are and if it is red or green it was the ghost but if it is white then it was because of a symptom I read a lot of these and I found out from jenelis. She has a 10 year old daughter who can talk to ghosts and her friand told her that.
    jammixmaster Posts: 282, Reputation: 15

Apr 23, 2009, 10:36 AM

Children often see ghosts and spirits, as they aren't taught to disbelieve them simply because science can't prove they exist with their million dollar labs and such. There is a whole thread on the subject here, which I contributed several answers to: https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/parano...ts-336446.html

As for the ghost hurting the child... no. Ghosts/spirits usually don't do that. What's the worst that could have happened if the child did tell you of the Ghost? Nothing, you probably would have told her that ghosts don't exist and that would be the end of it. No harm would have come to the ghost so there would have been no reason for the ghost to hurt the child if she did tell you about the ghost.
    Inaru Posts: 76, Reputation: 4

Apr 26, 2009, 09:43 PM

My little cousin used to do that, too. Talk to and about ghosts. Apparently, there was a "white lady" and some other ghost, a male, that she was afraid of. One time, she came crying to us saying, "He's hurting the white lady!" and we never heard of them again. But my cousin suffered many illnesses, such as almost going blind because of tumors in her eye (weird, but it's true).

The ghost could have something to do with it. Maybe you could consider hiring an expert to find out more.
    Silverfoxkit Posts: 798, Reputation: 264

Apr 26, 2009, 10:36 PM

It is definitely open for debate over whether a ghost was involved.

Now I'm not a skeptic but I do believe that one should approach something like this with an open mind yet try and disprove it, It it can't in any way be debunked then you have an actual mystery.

The problem with a situation like this is that children love to get attention and whether there is a ghost if you encourage her by asking about it then many if not most children would lie to keep the attention about it. This may be the case here.

If it makes your friends family feel better and if it does not coincide with their personal beliefs they could always call a priest to come bless the house.
    lighterrr Posts: 1,415, Reputation: 72
    Ultra Member

Apr 26, 2009, 10:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jammixmaster View Post
    Children often see ghosts and spirits, as they aren't taught to disbelieve them simply because science can't prove they exist with their million dollar labs and such. There is a whole thread on the subject here, which I contributed several answers to: https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/parano...ts-336446.html

As for the ghost hurting the child........no. Ghosts/spirits usually don't do that. What's the worst that could have happened if the child did tell you of the Ghost? Nothing, you probably would have told her that ghosts don't exist and that would be the end of it. No harm would have come to the ghost so there would have been no reason for the ghost to hurt the child if she did tell you about the ghost.
    I do agree that children do have the ability to see ghost/spirits. You can call it wild imagination or whatever, I just think kids can see what us adults cannot. Having said that I also don't think the spirit would not harm the child. Since your doctor confirmed your child had a seizure, I think its just that your child is suffering from childhood epilepsy and that's it.
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Apr 26, 2009, 10:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by purpleturtle View Post
    it might have been the ghost. ask her what color the eyes on the ghost are and if it is red or green it was the ghost but if it is white then it was because of a symtom i read alot of these and i found out from jenelis. she has a 10 year old daughter who can talk to ghosts and her friand told her that.
    ... red... green... eyes?

... is this a joke?

I must say, I am a full blown skeptic when it comes to seeing spirits and such, however, I will not poo-poo on anyone that says that they've had a paranormal experience. But when it comes to "spirits" appearing in technicolor, I'm not so sure about that.

In a perfectly logical and medical sense, anytime the fever gets to about 103+ (give or take, as thermometers are not entirely accurate), the brain starts to malfunction and offer visual and auditory hallucinations. I'm not saying that she hasn't been seeing these "ghosts" for the past 3 years, however, in this instance, she is sick, and her fever may have caused the convulsion.
    mudweiser Posts: 2,750, Reputation: 707
    Ultra Member

Apr 26, 2009, 11:11 PM

I have a solution. Get a medium or a psychic.

Have the little girl and the medium in separate rooms.

Let the little girl explain who the ghost is first- then have the medium explain after. If they have different stories then it's not true ;)

Just a thought.

Sarah
    Marcus2552 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

May 4, 2009, 04:58 PM

I also agree that her fever most likely caused the seizure. I also agree that young children are able to see spirits and sometimes speak with them.

However, try to approach this with both sides of the spectrum. Meaning, be skeptical and find some sort of rational explanation, but keep your mind open.

Try asking her what the spirit looked like (age, clothes, m or f, basic descriptions). If it is in fact a spirit, there probably won't be coloured eyes or anything. Ask what the spirit's name is. Then look up the history of your house.

Also, try and find someone who can do an EMF reading around your house. This may not prove or disprove the existence of a spirit in your home, but high EMF's have been known to cause side effects.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I teach my 2 year old girl talking? [ 3 Answers ]

I have twin girls,who are in good health,have no problem preventing them from speaking,. they speak very few words although they understand every word I say... how can I help them?

My two year old is barely talking [ 13 Answers ]

My little boy will be 2 next month. He says the normal things like Momma, Dada, Car, Truck, SHoe, Hot, Cold, Dog But that's about it. I was reading up on some articles on toddlers and talking and it said the typical 2 year old knows about 50-75 words already. My son is very alert and smart...

My 8 year old did something strage today [ 10 Answers ]

My 8 year old daughter is a sweet one. Today morning I noticed something very strange. She gets those small fliers from school which she has to get signed from us. I check her bag everyday for the homework and I didn’t notice that last week. The teacher sent a note that the homework was not...

View more questions Search