Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    swimstud8 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 27, 2009, 07:33 PM
    Will someone write lyrics to a song for me? I already have a little bit
    I have a few phrases that I like and the chords. Will someone help me to fill in the rest of the song? It would be greatly appreciated.
    p.s. its just for a project that I need to do

Phrases: time stands still, as life flies by; time flies by in the blink of an eye; time is moving faster now; your heads wrapped around what's around the next bend

Chords:
    Intro: Em

Em

G

Em

G

Am

C
    Your head’s wrapped around what’s around the next bend
    Am

C

Chorus
    G

Am

C Am

G

Am

C Am

C

Am

G D Em G C (2xs)

(Em G)

Verse 2:
    Em

G

Em G

Am

C
    Your head’s wrapped around what’s around the next bend
    Am

C

Chorus
    G

Am

C Am

G

Am

C Am

C

Am

G D Em G C (2xs)

Bridge
    Em D/F#

C F

Chorus:
    G

Am

C Am

C

Am

G D Em G C (3xs)

G D Em G C C
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Feb 27, 2009, 11:28 PM

Hi, swimstud8!

What kind of project is this for, please? I can help you to write the song, but we would need to do it together.

Thanks!
    swimstud8 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 28, 2009, 12:13 PM

Its for a school project that I only need credit for
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Feb 28, 2009, 02:35 PM

Hi again, Hi, swimstud8!

Okay, so this is basically homework. Like I said, we would need to work on it together, and I would like to add, especially so that you can learn how to do it.

I see that you appear to start in the key of e minor. Correct? Then, it would appear that you modulate to the key of G Major for the chorus. Would that also be correct?

Bridge
    Em D/F#

C F
    I don't know why you've written a C and F chord after the modulation chords of the bridge. C and F chords don't really work after the modulatory chords that you've already written.

There also is no melody. I can help you to write a melody, if you'll put some additional lyrics into the song. Some of your lyrics may need to be changed slightly in order to fit some kind of metrical pattern.

Do you play an instrument? If so, what, please? Also, do you read written music that uses staves and notes?

Thanks!
    linnealand Posts: 1,088, Reputation: 216
    Ultra Member

Mar 4, 2009, 08:11 PM

Hello there!

I'm not so sure how comfortable I would be in helping to complete any significant portion of a homework assignment. You can refer to the rules of the forum for more information.

Just one thought, though.

Did you come up with the following line:
    "Your head's wrapped around what's around the next bend"

If so, my opinion is that it could be much more successful if you changed it a bit. The issue for me comes from the idea that a head would be wrapped around anything. The image is naturally distorted and can border on becoming cartoonish. If you must keep the line, I would at least substitute the word "head" with the word "mind." my two cents. The rhythm of it works well, though. Good luck.
    sala5560 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 20, 2012, 02:52 AM
    Time stands still,
    As life flies by;
    Time flies by in the blink of an eye;
    Time is moving faster now;
    Your heads wrapped around what's around the next bend

Just around the corner
    Just beyond your reach
    Rippes on a lake never return again
    Like the lines on your face
    There's something's you just can't replace

Nothing lasts forever
    Always evolving
    Birth school work death
    Three gererations pass then forgotten
    Don't put off today cause tomorrow may be too late.

Heres' some free lyrics for you.
    A bit of advice
    The 1st verse does not make a lot of sense!
    My added lyrics are following your 1st verse 'as this is maybe the contradiction you are wanting'? Try not to reuse same words like 'around what's around '
    Use a thesaurus to find loads of other words - I use this tool on all sorts of words as ican lead one off in different directions. Good luck.
    sala5560 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 20, 2012, 02:57 AM
    Also if a c to f works when you are singing the tune then rhe advice above is not correct rules are made to be broken that's how songs stand out. But if you wants to take above advice then get the notes in the key of the song normally the 1st chord is the key if not then the last - if you follow the key then your choices are narrowed down Considerably.
    sijachanges Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Sep 24, 2012, 10:19 PM
    Time stands still... to round the next bend
    That's where you meet your end
    Not that you thought time had flown away
    So now in the face of death,
    What will you do?

Round the next bend you will find
    Answers to this suddenly short life
    What about your wife, your kids
    Do they even make a difference
    Now that you know

That around the next bend
    You are cold stone dead
    And you may ask, how I know?
    Because I got a scythe and a grim face
    You won't be late

Round the bend is the time
    You got to a date and you won't, can't be late, turn the corner, find death's smile

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Which song and artist sings the song with these lyrics? [ 2 Answers ]

Who sings the song with the lyrics in the chorus- Wouldn't it be good to be in your shoes Even if it was for just one day... Wouldn't it be good to be on your side The grass is always greener over there?

Song lyrics.need song title and artist [ 1 Answers ]

Who sings the song with lyrics: "everything is you" I think that might be the name of the song

A song I know some of the lyrics but can not remember what the song is calle [ 1 Answers ]

I can not remember what this song is called some of the lyrics in it is I'm queen of the tred mill trying to stay the size you think that I should stay I use to dream about what I would be but last night I dream about washing machines it is a country song

Where can I find song lyrics beginning with the phrase my life goes on in this song [ 2 Answers ]

Where can I find song lyrics beginning with the phrase my life goes on in this song

I'm trying to find a song but only know the lyrics-sweet thing, a dance song [ 1 Answers ]

I think its by jones town but can't fing it anywhere. The lyrics are "ill give you some elicit pain sweet thing your such a sweet thing" "step in my room coz lady on im the in the mood to love you all night long" argh. Help!

View more questions Search