Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kelliefornya Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 27, 2009, 04:06 PM
    Ghosts in Apartments
    Does anyone know of a website that you can go 2 and research the history on a specific APARTMENT, in an apartment complex/building? I'm trying 2 find out if anyone has ever died in this apartment, or if anyone that's previously lived here has ever encountered or reported any paranormal activity. The only things I've noticed, myself, is an unusual, non-pleasant smell, mainly in the front of the apartment when you 1st walk in; the living room/dining room/kitchen area. The smell has been there since we moved in and has 'til this day never went away. I can't even compare the smell to anything I've ever smelled before. There's been a few times when it seemed to get EXTREMELY STRONG. It is the strangest, oddest, & the MOST AWFUL smell I have EVER smelled. Kind of like VERY STRONG yet VERY STRANGE brocoli smell. Everyone in the house can smell it when it "strongly manifests", but everyone "tries 2 compare" it 2 something different. Tho, we do ALL agree, it is the WORST & SRANGEST smell EVER. The other thing I've noticed is when I'm in the kitchen, normally while washing dishes, sometimes I can "feel" something there. I can sense a presence of some sort. Of course there's never no one or nothing there when I look, that I can see anyway. But I'll "feel" that it's still there. I never told anyone about that, & 1 day my daughter told me that she thought there was a ghost in th apartment. She said sometimes she can "feel" that something's there. A couple weeks ago when she was in the bathroom getting ready for school, she said she saw "it" walk past the bathroom door. She believes "it" stays in the kitchen, hallway, & bathroom, since that's the only places we've ever "felt it's presence" at. Why only those rooms, we don't know. She thinks it tries to "scare her" in the mornings when she's getting ready for school, because it's still dark out & she's the only 1 up at that time. So if she feels it that morning, she'll keep the bathroom door shut while she gets ready. I believe she can "sense" it the most because she is pregnant. I can sense it more than everyone else, yet less than her, because I've always had a pshycic "gift" & I've also had A lot of other paranormal expieiences, it's hereditery. If anyone has any thoughts on this, please comment. And if anyone knows of a website I asked about at the beginning of this, I'd GREATLY appriciate it! Thank you!
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Mar 15, 2009, 05:26 PM

Hello, paraboston!

You've been opening up old threads and using the site for advertising. Advertising isn't allowed in the body of posts here. If you have a site and you would like to post a link to your site in your signature, that is allowed to a reasonable extent.

Please click on the following link in order to read the Terms of Service (TOS) and Rules of this site.

Ask Me Help Desk - FAQ: Terms of Service, FAQ and How To Use This Site

Thank you!
    DrJasonRaines Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Apr 9, 2009, 07:24 PM
    If you are honestly looking for an answer to the question about paranormal activity in an apartment, then you should read this http://www.americasghosts.com/phpBB3...php?f=33&t=248

Its by Dr. Hunter and explains how even new houses can be haunted, or have paranormal activity. YES even an apartment, condo etc... can be singled out to have activity and none of the others!

Hope the article helps you! :)
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Apr 10, 2009, 06:02 PM

Yeah drjason is right they are not limited to material boundaries. I have heard of people tearing down haunted houses and building a brand new house and the ghost is still there.
    Spirits are usually free to go wherever they want but even as ghosts most are creatures of habit.
    XoxtalieroX Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

May 27, 2009, 06:22 PM
    To me, since your daughter is pregnant, I do believe that ghosts try to manifest themselves with children because of maybe the sense of fear they get, and children also have keener and more youthful senses than adults. I personaly get freaked out when it comes to haunted apartments because there may be more than one presence, but numerous presence throughout the whole building. I would discuss this issue with someone who perhaps, someone who works in the building and try using a recorder and ask these possible questions...

"Hello my name is____" (wait 5 seconds)

"do you have a name?" (wait 10 seconds)

"It is to my understanding that you linger in this apartment." (wait 30 seconds)

"Are there any others. Any other people who died here?" (wait 30 seconds)

"Why are you here?" (wait 25 seconds. If there is no response, spirit is either upset, or not present)

"Is there something you'd like to tell us?" (wait about 35 or maybe even 20 seconds)

"Why are you upset? We want to help you." (wait about 20 seconds)

"I'm sorry you're upset but, this is were we live now, Please leave us alone, it is time to move on." (leave it short and simple, then leave the room,let this ghost know you mean business and that you aren't joking around, that way it will take you seriously)

*****Hope I at least made you feel better*****

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Smoking in NYC Apartments [ 3 Answers ]

I live in a upscale apartment in NYC. I have opened my windows in the past few weeks due to the cool days and nights. One of my neighbors has a balcony in which he uses to smoke. The smoke smell fills my apartment every time the guy downstairs goes out to smoke. It is my understanding in my...

Getting rid of a bad smell in apartments [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I don't know if this is the correct section to ask this question because I am new but if someone could help me it would be greatly appreciated. I have 5 condos to clean and two of them have food left in the frig and freezer that is moving. Personally I would just throw it out What...

Tresspassingin Apartments [ 5 Answers ]

If a landlord administers a tresspassing notice to someone in a apartment complex is that person totally prohibited to visit family that live there. Or is they prohibited from being in the community part of the complex.

Apartments [ 1 Answers ]

My husband and I have been working on lowering our bills. Mine got paid off but he still has about 6,000 left. We absolutely HAVE to get an apartment in June and we are afraid we could only get 2,000 or 3,000 paid off by then. Our credit scores are in the low 600's. Does anyone know the...

View more questions Search