Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    larri42 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 27, 2009, 03:58 PM
    Can I be forced to relocate to another apartment on property due to false accusations
    I live in a shared lease apartment with two other girls. One of the girls has had her boyfriend living with us since day one and the other spends the majority of her time at her boyfriend's apartment. I have never complained until another girl (non renter) began sleeping on the couch last semester and continued at the beginning of this semester. I spoke with my roommate and asked how long this situation was to last. She defended the action and then started looking for things to fault me for, i.e. leaving the front door unlocked (only when apartment is inhabited), accusing me of letting her cat out and for breaking a vase (I have no knowledge of either incident). She then went to the management and made her false accusations; I complained about girl sleeping on couch and boyfriend always being there. Management said one of us could change apartments at that time or we had to agree to get along. We agreed and I knew things were strained, but civil. I was just notified by management again that my roommate has made more allegations towards me and wants me to move out. I have done nothing wrong and do not want to move into another apartment with strangers to finish out the last 2 1/2 months of the school year. I truly believe she wants me out so she, boyfriend, girl on couch can have the entire apartment for 1/3 of the rent. What can I do?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 27, 2009, 04:35 PM

How do you figure they will only pay 1/3 the rent? If you move out, the complex management will still want the full rent for the unit. Either they will move in other roommates or force the remaining ones to kick in the full rent.

Frankly, I would move if the situation has become so untenable.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Condo owner forced to relocate, who is responsible? [ 1 Answers ]

Condo association in fl. Assesed each owner $23,000. For replacement of all underground pipes. They have been ordered to relocate for 3 months, is the associations insurance or homeowners insurance responsible for reimbursement for 3 months rental fees?:eek:

How to handle false accusations? [ 14 Answers ]

Hi. I am new here. I like this site so far. My name is actlikemywife because that is my husbands saying as I act inappropriately according to him. I do love him, but never can fix him. Here's why: I have tried everything from reassurance to hysteria to counselling to separation to...

Evidentiary hearing for false accusations [ 11 Answers ]

Hello. I am trying to move to another state with my duaghter, new husband, and new son. My daughters father is trying to prevent that by making false accusations as to her care while living with me. She is 8, and has lived strictly with me since she was 2. Only a day before the hearing he...

Major False Accusations - Slander Lawsuit [ 12 Answers ]

My friend was fired from his place of employment; The supervisor had accused him of swearing at him, and was suspended for 3 days. When he called the employer after the suspension, he was denied his job and was never told he was fired, merely he couldn't work at the location. 2 months later,...

Suing for false accusations from a competitor? [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I run several websites, and recently, one of my competitors made some bluntly false accusations against me. He claimed that I start threads on a public forum to "steal" the replies to put up on my blog. These claims are completely baseless, and nothing on my blog is something other than...

View more questions Search