Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    on_myt_own Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Feb 27, 2009, 01:55 PM
    Understanding Her
    I met a girl via online dating. We chatted and texted and spoke a lot for acouple of weeks then we decided to meet. We met for lunch and ended up spending the afternoon and evening together, walking around and chatting. Everything went really well.
    About a week later she came to my house for dinner. Everything again went really well, when she left we hugged and ended up kissing, I walked her to her car and kissed again.
    We continued texting each other a lot the day after. But then the next day I hardly heard anything from her. She came on msn that eveing and started talking to me. I asked her when she was next free, and she said she was busy the next few weekends, and asked when I was free. She agreed that we would find a time. We then said goodnight. Then the next day I heard nothing from her, at all.

Is there any advice anyone can give me?
    Romefalls19 Posts: 4,739, Reputation: 1130
    Ultra Member

Feb 27, 2009, 01:58 PM

Don't rush things, she is busy and has a life outside of you. Don't sweat it, she made a point to ask when you are free and even said you two will make time. Don't worry so much, enjoy getting to know each other.
    ylaira Posts: 1,193, Reputation: 118
    Ultra Member

Feb 27, 2009, 02:37 PM

Buy that busy thing for now, if this goes on longer than means your meeting didn't turn out good.
    Tegzbabes Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Feb 27, 2009, 02:47 PM

Well, there are lots of possibilities. She could have A busy life... Remember you have only met her a couple of times. But don't run after her, that's the worst thing you could do. Step back for a while and let her contact you, but don't blank her completely, send her short texts every now and then asking how she is. But if you act desperate it will scare her away for sure. The stick is don't be desperate but show you still care, and if she's really in to you and worth it, then she'll get hold of you again.
    friend4u178 Posts: 3,349, Reputation: 1584
    Ultra Member

Feb 27, 2009, 03:24 PM

Just relax and take it slowly , if you start hounding her about it you'll just come across as clingy and stalkarish. ( Hhmmmm... is that a word)

Feb 28, 2009, 07:48 AM

Well last night she texted me responding to message I sent her. I didn't get the message till 20 minutes after as I didn't have my phone on me at the time. I replied asking if she was up to anything interesting this weekend, which we usually do. And said night night. She replied instantly saying 'night night xx'. I then went back to my laptop and she had sent me a message on msn 45mins before saying 'hey'

The last few weekends she has always texted me in the morning, where ever she been, at home or at a friends. But then today nothing. After doing a few bits this morning I sent a message just saying a few bits small knickknacks about what I had been doing. But again I have received nothing. Well I suppose I just have to wait again.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 28, 2009, 09:42 AM

My gosh guy, you expect a lot from your new found friend. Back up, and do something else, and stop the text stalking, and give the poor girl a chance to deal with her own life.

This should be fun as you get to know each other, and not a constant chase and hunt.

Do you really have that kind of time, with nothing else in your life? Do you really think she has nothing better to do than sit and wait to answer your constant barrage of texting? I don't think so, and your pushing far to hard, with some unreasonable expectations.

In short she has a life besides you, and you need one, besides her. It never works doing it your way, trust me.

What's your hurry, and why are you so insecure, or needy with her at this early stage? Stop it, as your way to wrapped up in this for it to be healthy, or attractive.

Mar 1, 2009, 07:09 AM
    She has sent me a couple more messages today, and asking if I'm doing fun stuff today.

I think your right I'm expecting too much as were still at a very early stage. But will see how it all pans out.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I need help understanding why this happens! [ 5 Answers ]

I need help understanding this I am 15 years old and most of the time when I go to sleep at night my boyfriend stays on the phone because I have a tendency to stop breathing at night. Well for the past couple months when I fall asleep he has been saying to me I love you baby and when he says that I...

Trying to understanding men [ 16 Answers ]

Do men feel intimidated or turned-off by women who appear to be self-sufficient and independent? I've always thought that men do not like clingy, needy women... Maybe I should provide some background information... I accidentally clicked on "Save" before I was done typing! Oops! Please...

Understanding a 1099? [ 1 Answers ]

My husband(non-business) sold a piect of equipment (a boiler) to a company (LLC) who then in turn sent him a 1099. The equipment was used and something my husband had acquired but never used. I thought 1099-M were only for services provided, not miscellaneous equipment? Please advise! Thank you!

Understanding men? [ 7 Answers ]

I have been seeing a lovely fella (usually!) for 8mths now. Im a young 43 and he is 30. Things have been fine although he has recently found out he has diabetes 2 and has had a lot of problems from that, emotional & physical. I have done everything to support and help him and always been there...

Understanding: [ 42 Answers ]

Why should people believe that all religious understanding is relative and that no one interpretation is absolute? HANK :confused:

View more questions Search