Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jadeaddi Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 27, 2009, 01:54 PM
    Anxiety attacks are effecting everyday life
    Everyday I'm having anxiety attacks. Always worrying if my heart is beating right, by checking my pulse so many times a day. Feeling like I'm breathing weird. I wake up in the middle of the night and I feel like my heart is beating fast. So now I'm scared to go to sleep. I'm obsessed with the fact that I might die. Its like its always on my mind. I remember being fun and having all kinds of energy. And I can't find the state of mind. When I'm around people it doesn't seem to bad. I take paxil. And I've taken adavan and I don't like that to well, I feel like it puts me into more of a panic attack. I feel like I'm going crazy sometimes.:
    Jwiz88 Posts: 4, Reputation: 2

Feb 27, 2009, 02:12 PM
    Do you take a lot of caffeine or other stimulants? It sounds to me like a case of GAD (Generalized Anxiety Disorder). I used to have very bad anxiety whenI was younger. The only thing that seemed to stop it was taking CNS depressants and sedatives, but this is probably not the healthiest way to help yourself. Your best bet would be anti-anxiety pills like Valium or Xanax, but there are not many docs who will give you this, I've tried, they will just give you something weak and useless like Paxil that probably won't help you at all. This is a big problem with out health system is doctors usually won't prescribe you anything helpful because drugs like this are very addictive so we are either forced to live the rest of our lives with uncontrollable anxiety or to resort to booze or illigal drugs to find relief. I'm not condoning the use of these kinds of substances but the only thing that cured my anxiety was booze, pot, prescription painkillers and the like. Maybe if yo doctor shop enough or try your Paxil and if that don't work tell your doc you'd like to try something else until you find something that works for you. Good luck man.
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

Feb 27, 2009, 02:25 PM

You should speak to the physician who prescribed your anti-depressant medication as this could be the reason for your panic attacks.I would do so ASAP.
    metoyou Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Feb 27, 2009, 03:08 PM
    Hi I fully understand how you feel I'm 24 and been having panik attacks since I was 15 they have had a massive impact on my life I did seek medical help but I turned down counsiling I have now found the tablets have changed over the years to suit me and now they just don't do the job I would go see your doc but make sure you ask for both support and medication. All the best xx

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Anxiety attacks [ 4 Answers ]

I started getting really bad anxiety. To the point where I was passing out in the middle of a shopping centre. I took medication and felt fine so I eased myself off it. Now my life has gone a-wall. I feel like I am in a huge rut. I started getting anxiety even worse than before, to the point...

Anxiety attacks? [ 12 Answers ]

(Before this happened I took happened and had my first soft drink in a long time, one doctor said it might have been the caffeine)I was lying in bed, trying to go to sleep, when I felt like my heart was going to stop(think because of the happened it made me a little delusional because my heart beat...

Anxiety attacks ! [ 10 Answers ]

How can I manage or prevent these attack. My heartbeat would usually raise to 138 beats per min and I felt like I could faint anytime

Depression, anxiety attacks [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I have posted in the relationship advice section as well. But wanted to know if anyone could help regarding my main issue of my anxiety attacks. I lived a very scared and un confident child hood, I have gone through a lot of stress to. And just recently because of my relationship problems...

Anxiety about life and relationship [ 19 Answers ]

Anyone that has read my previous posts knows that I've gone through a bunch with my fiancé... Many ups and downs for the last 4-5 months... We are still together and are trying our best to work out any and all problems we can... I'm trying to figure out why I feel this anxiety, unsure feeling,...

View more questions Search