Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Poptart19 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 27, 2009, 12:42 PM
    Babysitting Licenses
    Im going to start babysitting from my home, I will be watching 3 children. If Im giving receipts and claiming the income on my taxes would I have to be licenses or open a business??
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Mar 2, 2009, 01:23 AM

Hi, Poptart19!

Around where I live, you wouldn't need to be licensed for watching that small number of children. Having a license or not shouldn't affect your income reporting status for tax purposes. However, I would make sure that you have the proper insurance for watching the children and there is the possibility that you might need to have proper zoning of your home in order to be operating a business out of it.

My suggestion would be to speak with city officials about this concerning the requirements.

Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Licenses for business [ 3 Answers ]

:p hi I am looking to start a business I want to sell brand name clothing online... but I want to know if I'm purchasing from over seas,do I need a business license of some kind some one please help me thank you

Business licenses [ 2 Answers ]

Please allow me to introduce myself. My name is Mr. Sexual Blue, and I reside in the State of California, the City of Hollywood. I am in the process of starting a moving company but I am not sure as to what business license that I will need or where to obtaion such license. I plan to offer free...

Painting Licenses [ 2 Answers ]

Does Anyone know what type of license u need for a painting Business?

Need information on how to apply for certain licenses [ 1 Answers ]

Hi all Can anyone help me I have a friend who is renting a private yard and the owner said he can use the yard for any purpose so he as decided to open a motor salvage and breakers on the land can anyone let me know how and were you have to apply for a breakers yard license also the yard...

View more questions Search