Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sammi777 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 27, 2009, 11:06 AM
    Conversions ?
    If 25 micro litres, 40 mM of a substance, what would it be in nmol?
    Perito Posts: 3,139, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

Feb 28, 2009, 04:43 PM

Much more information is required.

Microliters is a unit of volume. I'm not sure what mM is. Is that millimoles? Nmol is a unit of moles (nanomoles). To convert between moles and mass, the formula weight is required. To convert from mass to volume, you need the density.

If 40 "mM" is millimoles, then 40 millimoles is 40,000 micromoles and 40,000,000 nanomoles.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Newton Conversions [ 5 Answers ]

How do you convert kilograms into newtons? The problem is ; " Calculate the weight of a 5-kg box in a newtons. Remember the force of gravitiy on the earth is 9.8 m/s squared." ALL I REALLY NEED TO KNOW IS HOW TO, IM NOT BEGGING FOR ANSWERS.

Finding conversions [ 5 Answers ]

How do you find the conversion 5kmol to mol?

Mole conversions [ 1 Answers ]

1. A chemist has a jar containing 388.2g of iron fillings. How many moles of iron does the jar contain.

Chemistry: Mol conversions [ 1 Answers ]

I am a chemistry student and having trouble comprehending mols. One of my homework/study questions is as follows: "How many zinc ions are present in 30.5g of Zn2 P2 O7 ?" I have tried to work out the answer and cannot figure out how do to do it. Thanks!

Kitchen Conversions [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I was wondering... How many litres is 2/3 of a cup? (Soda) How many grams is 2 cups? (shredded cheese) Thanks

View more questions Search