Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

Feb 27, 2009, 08:55 AM
    Obama to send U.S. jobs overseas?
    I am neither a scientist nor economist, but do claim a small measure of common sense. Guess what Obama has in the budget for 2010? "...the most important single item in President Obama's budget is his commitment to a cap-and-trade plan (to limit and reduce carbon emissions). It represents nothing less than an absolutely breath-taking attempt at reengineering the entire American economy. The White House expects the system will begin generating revenue for the government in 2012. By auctioning off carbon permits, the White House expects the plan to bring some $80 billion a year between from 2012 to 2019." Obama's $646 Billion Cap-And-Trade Green Tax - Capital Commerce (usnews.com)
    Who is going to pay this new tax? Consumers pay all taxes. And what will the unintended consequence of this new tax? According to an analysis of America's Climate Security Act of 2007, "The net job losses from S. 2191 are estimated by Charles River Associates to be 1.2 million to 2.3 million by 2015.[9] Some of these jobs will be lost for good, due to the impact of higher energy costs on economic activity. Others, chiefly in the manufacturing sector, will be sent overseas." Beware of Cap and Trade Climate Bills
    Obama says of his budget: " I see it as a vision for America – as a blueprint for our future." Organizing for America
    Is this the change you want? Fewer jobs and higher taxes?
    galveston Posts: 451, Reputation: 60

Feb 27, 2009, 05:05 PM

This is only my opinion (duh!).
    I think Obama is going to accomplish what England, the Confederacy, Kaiser Bill, Hitler and Japan could not.
    I think President Obama will bring this country to its knees in defeat.
    The goal being to scrap what is left of the Constitution and erect on the ruins a State where government is all powerful.
    All done, of course, because of the (then) present calamity which was engineered to convince the dumb masses of the necessity of such drastic changes.
    Keep sippin that lib Kool Aid!
    450donn Posts: 1,821, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

Feb 27, 2009, 06:35 PM

galveston Your too smart for your own good! Quick send him to a re education camp!!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Should I send my adult son a birthday gift when he usually doesn't send me one? [ 13 Answers ]

My son will be 26 in March. He has always been a good kid and is usually very thoughtful. The one thing that bothers me terribly is that he doesn't send me a birthday gift or card. He always remembers to call. He also doesn't send any gift/card to his dad. Sometimes, he willl remember us on...

Overseas inheritance [ 1 Answers ]

I have lost a dear friend in the Netherlands. I was just told by a relative that I have been named in her testament, (which is a will, I assume) I am to receive a sum of money, in addition to a pair of earrings. I reside in Syracuse, NY, and I am trying to figure out what to do. Will the...

Wedding overseas [ 3 Answers ]

I am hosting a wedding reception here in the US for my daughter and her new husband, who will be living overseas. Because of the huge expense of shipping items overseas, it would be nice if guests knew to bring monetary gifts. Is there any way that I can include this in the invitation?

Getting our jobs back from overseas [ 22 Answers ]

Someone needs to come up with a way to bring back some of our jobs from overseas. We have all heard that the U.S. worker needs to become more competitive (i.e. work for less pay) What about the idea that the U.S. Government become more competitive in the world market place? How should taxes be...

Overseas Employee [ 4 Answers ]

I am working overseas as an employee not contractor. We get paid and they take out taxes. The question is how many exemptions should one take? Do you try to max it out or just use min say 2? If anyone knows of web pages where I can read about this and more please advise. Have a good one. Thanks for...

View more questions Search