Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cromptondot Posts: 94, Reputation: 11

Aug 21, 2006, 11:36 PM
    Houseplants
    I bought a plant,"Ivy Starling",I followed the light and water instructions and for the first few months it was lovely. Then some of the stems started drying up . I had treated it for aphids and it did not seem to hurt it. When it started dying,I repoted with fresh soil and a clean pot. It seemed to do good for awhile,now it is looking like it is dying again. I always check the moisture so as not to overwater, Is there something else I can do to save it? I have already done in a Boston Fern. I don't want to get a name for myself.
    JBRES25 Posts: 5, Reputation: 2

Sep 26, 2006, 02:09 PM
    I used to do the same thing with ivy until I found out that,
    Even though I didn't think I was overwatering it,
    I actually was.
    When I found this out,
    I started only watering it every Saturday only.
    By Saturday, the dirt looked dry,
    And I thought I still was killing my plant.
    But, three years later, it's still alive,
    And looks beautiful.

Sep 27, 2006, 07:55 AM
    Thanks for the input.I did water it once a week and tried not to overwater. But it's too late now. It is toast now. I guess I will get a name. PLANT TOASTER! I will get another and start over. I will try to do better next time.
    JBRES25 Posts: 5, Reputation: 2

Sep 27, 2006, 03:16 PM
    I just received your e-mail,
    I'm sorry about your plant.
    Have you tried anything like miracle grow, or making sure it's not getting too much light, or not enough light?
    Better luck on your next plant.
    LUNAGODDESS Posts: 467, Reputation: 40

Sep 27, 2006, 03:58 PM
    Are The Roots Still Flexable... if So Your Plant Can Be Saved.. by Placing The Plant In Miracle Gro Soil And Water Once A Week With A Draining Dish Under The Planting Pot... and In Semi Direct Sun... after The Leaves Develp Spray Mist... water For The Sink Can Hurt Many Plants Because Of The Chemicals That Are In The Water... ferns Need Spray Mist In The Morning Or Late Evening And Watering Once A Week... my Experiences

Sep 29, 2006, 10:27 AM
    Thanks,I have decided from now on I will use water through the filter I have never had problems like this with my plants. I will start over and I WILL PREVAIL!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search