Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sgalo1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 27, 2009, 06:23 AM
    Bonus Pay Entitlement
    My employer shorted me on my yearly bonus payment and has acknolwedged same. I was told that the remaining amount would be paid out on the next pay period. My question is: Am I still entitled to receiveing the outstanding amount if I submit my notice of resignation before the next pay period? Thank you,
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Feb 27, 2009, 08:47 AM

Hello s:

Unless you have a contract stating that you will receive a bonus, you aren't entitled to anything.

excon
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Feb 27, 2009, 08:50 PM

I would not hold my breath that they will pay you your bonus if you are putting in your resignation. Why not quit after you get the bonus? Makes more sense that way then they just can't unpay your bonus but they could play around with your last paycheck.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 27, 2009, 08:53 PM

I would get the money in the bank and let the check clear before I quit, of opinion you will never see it

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Entitlement to there home [ 2 Answers ]

My partner has lived in his house for 15 years, his ex and himself are both named on the mortgage. They have never been married but have 2 children aged 22 and 17 still living in the house with there mother. My partner now rents but still pays all the bills to his house, his ex partner never...

Does the girlfriend have entitlement to my father's will? [ 4 Answers ]

My dad has terminal cancer. Recently, they (him and his girlfriend) had a disscussion about his will. My sister is his power of attorney (has also looked after his finances for the last 13 years.) She(the girlfriend) is getting the home they share (paid in full) and is also getting his car (in both...

Social Benefit entitlement [ 4 Answers ]

Hi People. I would like any information with regards to social security entitlement. I am not currently working and not on any form of benefit at present, but have just found out I am about 4 weeks pregnant. I recently bought my home out right (no mortgage) and have practically run out of my own...

Benefit entitlement [ 1 Answers ]

Q 1. are you entitled to any benefits or pensions after being bankrupt? Q 2.can you open a basic bank account after being bankrupt? Q 3. are all the debts cleared after being bankrupt even if the debts are extremely high altogether? Would you be allowed to use a family members bank account...

View more questions Search