Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dtaw Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 27, 2009, 01:08 AM
    Formulate a hypothesis for a project proposal
    I am seeking help to formulate a hypothesis for a project proposal in Anthropology on the general topic of Diabetes & Nutrition along the following lines:

If Blood glucose control through a balanced nutrition (and a healthy lifestyle) can reduce the incidence of diabetes within a population (and reduce complications associated with diabetes) considerably, then a reduction in the prevalence of type 2 diabetes through dietary (and behavioral modifications) should result in many benefits within a population.

Or any other proposal on the same theme.
    sarnian Posts: 462, Reputation: 9
    -

Feb 27, 2009, 02:26 AM
    Hello dtaw

Well, I wish you much wisdom and strength writing this hypothesis.
    What research on this have you done so far, and what is the outcome of that research?
    Have you ever read other hypothesis formulations and/or papers?
    That should provide you with a direction to proceed.
    If not : just 'google' for similar research papers to get some idea how these are prepared.

As to your own description of the thesis : is that not a rather logical conclusion? Should you not be much more
    Specific? Success!
    asking Posts: 2,673, Reputation: 660
    Ultra Member

Mar 3, 2009, 12:09 AM

I agree with sarnian.

Aren't you just saying that if good nutrition reduces Type 2 diabetes in individuals, then good nutrition in a whole population will reduce diabetes in the whole population?

As sarnian implies, this hypothesis seems totally obvious.

Second, you haven't defined what you mean by good nutrition.

Are you thinking of a specific diet? Which one? Why?

Or are you more interested in how to implement a specific diet on a whole population?
    loveing_08 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 6, 2010, 06:24 AM
    Comment on asking's post
    Grk

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Formulate Answer [ 1 Answers ]

Caledonia is considering two additional mutually exclusive projects. The cash flows associated with these projects are as follows: YEAR PROJECT A PROJECT B 0 −$100,000 −$100,000 1 32,000 0 2 32,000 0 3 32,000 0 4 32,000...

House Paint: What companies in USA formulate? [ 4 Answers ]

Who makes house paint?

Hypothesis [ 1 Answers ]

Ok. How would I answer this procedure, by the hypothesis Procedure: to determine the percent by weight of water hydrated to a salt and to establish the formula of a hydrate salt of CuSO4

View more questions Search