Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gk1670 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 26, 2009, 10:39 PM
    SSD amount
    I am a disabled mom that just won my SSD case. I will receive a small amount because I am young and did not work that long. My question is: Will I get extra money added to my check for my 4 children?
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Mar 1, 2009, 04:29 PM

You should if you have applied for their benefits. I don't think this is automatic. You need to consult with the attorney who handled your case (if you had an attorney) or contact Social Security directly and ask them for the appropriate paperwork to fill out and send back. Or just go in person to the SS office with all the children's birth certificates and fill out the paperwork there.
    lilbay Posts: 64, Reputation: 11

Mar 22, 2009, 03:33 PM
    It will depend if you are getting SSI or SSDI

SSI is needs based and given to anyone who is unable to work and found to be disabled.

SSDI you only get IF you have worked and paid in to it for a certain amount of "credits"

If you get SSI No the children will not get any check from Social Security HOWEVER You can go to Social Services and apply for them to get benefits for them alone. Plus Medical assistance for the whole family and Food stamps for the family

If you get SSDI Than you can go in and apply at Social Security for benefits for the children. Depending on the amount coming in you can also apply at Social Services for Food Stamps and Medical Assistance.

I won my SSI myself 3 years ago last month. I fought for 7 years because a lawyer messed up my case :mad:

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Help with calculating amount of Fe [ 2 Answers ]

I did an experiment involving the gravimetric determination of Iron in Geritol. At the end of the experiment I was left with a product, Fe2O3 that weighed 0.417 g I'm not sure how to calculate the amount of Iron from here. This is what I did. I calculated the molar mass of Fe2O3 to be...

View more questions Search