Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cnanab1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 26, 2009, 07:48 PM
    Do I have to pay back disability company monies I receive from SS for back pay
    I don't know what to do.
    I just received SS after applying for 5 years.

I just received my back pay from SS as well. Now, the disability company that was paying me wants 100% of my back pay and my son's dependent check as well. I thought this was protected under 42 USC Sec 407 (a).

Are they going to take me to collections, court, if I don't pay them all of the monies back? Do I have to pay them back?

I am in a bad financial situation right now and this money would put me back on my family's feet.
    I don't know what to do, or where to go for help.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Feb 26, 2009, 09:38 PM

Did you have an attorney help you win your benefits? If you did, you must contact him with this question.

In some cases, the answer is yes, you have to pay them back as you did win the benefits after all. They did after all pay your disability for 5 years.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lump Sum Soc Sec Disability - I owe back taxes [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I'm glad I found this forum. I have about $60k coming to me for Social Security Disability retroactive payments. I owe IRS --- I asked for transcripts, and found I owe about $50K including penalties and interest. Will IRS and Ohio attach the lump sum? How about continuing...

How does a browser receive the correct response back? [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I have 2 browsers openned and each one access a different web site. When browser #1make a request to a website, how does the response from that website know to go back to browser #1 instead of browser #2? What makes that connection possible that a browser gets what it asks for? Thanks,...

Disability and back taxes [ 1 Answers ]

Hi My husband is looking at being put on disability. However, we are concerned because he is self employed and we owe back taxes. How does this effect us in filing for disability?

Back child support and social security disability back pay [ 2 Answers ]

I live in Texas and I am making court ordered payments fro back child support for a non-minor child. I will be receiving social security disability soon and was wondering since I am making payments will my social security back pay be garnished?:confused:

View more questions Search