Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    callterrence Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 26, 2009, 03:53 PM
    Carrier forced hot air furance
    Gas fired forced hot air furance pilot light goes out. Sometimes stays lite for a couple of days other times goes out everyday. I relite pilot light w/no problem and it stays lite. When I turn electrical switch back on, I get blow back to where flame shoots out of furance, sometimes blowing out pilot light, other times stating furance as normal.
    Relite pilot last night and checked end of today after work, and pilot still lite. Unknown why pilot goes out when it wants, and stays on when it wants, my concern is the blow back where flame comes out of furance. Any suggestion or direction from someone who has experienced this problem. This is an older type Carrier forced hot air system. Please help, need help!
    acetc Posts: 1,004, Reputation: 79
    Ultra Member

Feb 26, 2009, 08:20 PM

This "blow back" is called roll out and can be caused by delayed ignition, may have dirty burners or rusted, a good cleaning may be in order, Good luck, Mike

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Old Furance [ 1 Answers ]

I have a house which was built in the early 1950's. It had one of those back to back floor furnaces in the hallway and living room, I would like to get rid of it but its to costly, is there a way I can clean it out because its making my kids and I sick every time we turn it on and not to mention...

Carrier furance backfires [ 9 Answers ]

My carrier furance sometimes backfires like it is getting too much gas what could be the problem?

How efficient is it to convert gas forced air to electric forced air? [ 1 Answers ]

I am afraid of a gas furnace, for fear of an explosion. I have had this fear since I was a little boy. Hence, I simply must have an electric heating system. However, the area in the MidWest where I have been considering has almost no electric homes, mostly because of the high electric rates...

Furance cut in / out too much [ 1 Answers ]

I have a bryant furance, we moved in a couple of weeks now. The furanace cycles in and out too much, from start up to shut down it last 9mins. Any Ideas what it might be. Thanks.

View more questions Search