Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Felipe Del Rio Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Feb 17, 2007, 05:06 PM
    I have problems with all ligthes around the radio also, inclusive with transmission handled and seat heaters ligths
    retiree578 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 18, 2007, 09:32 AM
    Has Honda issued a recall notice on Radio display light problem?
    Speed329 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 26, 2007, 06:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by chrispark83
    I know that many of you have had a problem with the radio. This is something that will be covered by the coporate office of Honda through Customer/Client Relations Dept.
    However, I am writing to find out how many people have a problem with the panel portion of the car, and in particular all the lights to the buttons in and around the radio. If you do have a problem with this, please respond to this because I am trying to create a case against Honda that will benefit all of us.
    Yes my girlfriends2003 Accord coupe with 6 CD changer the lighting as described in your post has not been working lately.
    Arash2428 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 6, 2007, 07:28 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Speed329
    Yes my girlfriends2003 Accord coupe with 6 CD changer the lighting as described in your post has not been working lately.
    My honda Accord Coupe EX-L V6 radio panel light is also gone at 48000 miles. What a piece of crap. I bouhgt a honda because I have always heard about honda's reliability. Had an audi A6 for 5 years and never had any problem like this. Eww
    Pio199 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 10, 2007, 03:18 PM
    I know that many of you have had a problem with the radio. This is something that will be covered by the coporate office of Honda through Customer/Client Relations Dept.
    However, I am writing to find out how many people have a problem with the panel portion of the car, and in particular all the lights to the buttons in and around the radio. If you do have a problem with this, please respond to this because I am trying to create a case against Honda that will benefit all of us.
    Yes! My wife has the same problem with her 03 Honda Accord EX.
    JavierQ Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 20, 2007, 07:34 AM
    I had the same problem with my Honda Accord 03. The LED backlight on my radio is completely black. I'll call my dealer to see what they said, they were pretty good when they sold me that car, we'll see how they are when I call with this problem. They should recall these radios, too many people have this problem.
    icyiluvu Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 20, 2007, 09:33 AM
    Oh help! My dash lights all went dim to where you couldn't see them during the day and then the radio and CD died. Honda says they would replace it up to 60k but my car is currently at 80k I am so frustrated, it is so painful to drive around without a radio but I don't want to shell out the cash for a new radio. Was anyone successful in getting a replacement after the warranty
    joefetters Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 29, 2007, 11:09 AM
    This problem just happened to my 2003 Accord EX V6 with 51000 miles on it. I called my local dealer in Durham, NC USA and they replaced some circuit board in the radio for free the next day, with no appointment needed! Problem solved, ZERO hassle.

Honda is aware of this problem, the warranty for this problem is now 7 years/100k miles (according to Honda America Customer Service). Call the dealer, they should replace/fix for FREE.
    Lyn J Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 29, 2007, 11:24 PM
    Hey Chris,
    My 2003 Honda Accord, with 35,000 miles on it, just blew the backlight on my stereo yesterday. Have you had any luck getting the dealership or Corp headquarters to fix this problem? It seems pretty common, so they should have a recall out by now; don't you think?

Lyn
    portobello_mushroom Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 31, 2007, 05:07 PM
    The backlight for my 2002 EX-V6 odometer just went out. I will try calling Honda and let everyone know if they will replace it
    kac123425 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 25, 2007, 09:27 AM
    I had the same problem w/all lights on control panel 2 nights ago. My mileage on the car is app. 73,000. Did you resolve the problem?
    Thanks in advance.
    don707 Posts: 1, Reputation: 2

Jul 18, 2007, 11:17 AM
    2003 Honda Accord EX - 86,360 miles Radio display went out this morning. After reading all the info on the net called Honda USA, California. 1-800-999-1009-#3. They have extended the warranty on vin covered cars with the radio display problem to 6yr / 100,000miles. They were very nice, no problem. Just mention Service Bulletin 04-027.
    yingzheng Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 24, 2007, 06:34 PM
    Today, my 03 accord ex-v6 sedan radio control light went out just like all of you, it only got 35000 miles on it, seem like mileage got nothing to do with it, just matter of the time.
    Anybody got positive answer from Honda by using don707's suggestions?
    Danoster Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 15, 2007, 08:06 AM
    My 2003 Honda Accord ex just had the radio back light go out at 50,000 mi.
    My transmission is just starting to slip as well. Let's pray for a recall!
    Danoster Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 25, 2007, 05:14 PM
    2003 Honda Accord EX - 50,000 miles Radio display went out this morning. After reading all the info on the net called Honda USA, California. 1-800-999-1009-#3. They have extended the warranty on vin covered cars with the radio display problem to 6yr / 100,000miles. They were very nice, no problem. Just mention Service Bulletin 04-027.

THIS IS TRUE ! I just had my light fixed last week for free under the extended warranty at Bernardi Honda in Natick, MA.
    Honda USA sent a e-mail to the dealer in advance to boot !
    frankoba Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 26, 2007, 12:50 PM
    Hi, aside of my radio lights not working, there's a button just below the radio that the light also went out.
    Scottyd Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 3, 2007, 07:17 PM
    Just brought my car in today... they said they'd fix it at no charge... they are saying the circuit board is blow.
    bee769 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 10, 2007, 04:15 PM
    Today 12/10/2007 I took my 2003 Accord to the dealer for the radio and climate control lights dim or out. The dealer said that Honda has extended the warranty to 7yrs/100,000 miles on the PCB board that burns out. All 2003 are affected by this and some 2004. The dealer had the part in stock and only took less than one hour. Just check with your local dealer. Honda will be sending out letters soon. The dealer gave me a copy of one. Hope this helps.
    silverbullet88 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 11, 2008, 04:24 PM
    This happened to me as well (been pushing buttons based on memory for the last 9-12 months but was too lazy/cheap to get it fixed until now). Honda Corp states they have a "bulletin" out for this but not a recall. They've referred me to a regional case manager but I'm seriously peeved that they haven't recalled this having seen how many people have the same issue as me - I guess they care more about the negative PR than their customers. This is my first Honda and likely my last if the issue isn't fixed by them.

Quote Originally Posted by Me2
    Hi, my radio problem was the lights & panel display. Honda fixed that, but now my transmission has gone out...WHAT A PIECE OF CRAP car the 03 Honda Accord EXV6 Coupe turned out to be. I am "working" with Honda now to have this fixed. Meanwhile, I am without transportation & I commute over 100 miles a day. This car will be gone as soon as it is ready for the road again!
    owlvend11 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 16, 2008, 03:15 PM
    We have a 2005 Accord. Our battery died so we had it replaced. Did the radio code thing but now the radio does not work. The CD player is fine but the radio will not pick up any stations.
    Before this happened, I would notice at night the headlights would dim , and about 6 months ago, the dash lights started flickering on and off.. the entire dash, not just the radio. The dealer told us the radio was bad, but I am wondering if it is all inter-connected somehow? The car has 41k miles so it is out of warranty but if we have to get a new radio, I am hoping they will still honor us at no cost.
    Now, I see your blog and I am wondering if this is a fairly consistent problem?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

A/C problems on 2003 Honda Accord [ 21 Answers ]

The a/c on my 2003 honda accord will all of a sudden stop blowing cold air. I already had the filter changed thinking that was the problem. The mechanic is having a hard time figuring out what is wrong with it because everything checks out good but seems to think it could be a sensor or...

2003 Honda Accord Keyless Entry [ 2 Answers ]

The keyless entry is no longer working on my 2003 Accord, nor are the automatic door locks. The locks have to be manually pushed down. No other electrical problems currently. Has anyone had similar problem?

2003 Honda Accord [ 2 Answers ]

My radio lights just stopped working. Cannot see any controls on the cd, radio, or air conditioner. Was wondering if any one might no what the problem might be. The radio works fine and everything else is fine, just don't have an illumination.

Honda accord 2003 picture [ 2 Answers ]

I am searching for a picture of a Honda Accord 2003 white or silver color and white leather inside, might have some body kits or something. Please help

Honda Accord 2003 [ 0 Answers ]

Hey there I am looking for a picture of Honda Accord 2003 white or silver color with white leather inside ?

View more questions Search