Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dunno Posts: 160, Reputation: 19

Aug 23, 2006, 08:15 AM
    Hello ex con!
    We'd like to get a place close to his daughter but I'm sure the mother would say we were stalking her and harassing her. (She's pulled this before) We can't drive by her house and I think if she saw us in the grocery store she'd probably throw a fit. Since we are so close to her now, we often wonder what she would do if we saw her in public and we walked up to say hi to their daughter. We figured she would be nice in front of the daughter and later chew him out for just walking up like that. I know she would find something wrong with it. It would really piss her off if we moved that close though... hehe

We're worried she'll move away now that we live close by. She's done that before too...
    LUNAGODDESS Posts: 467, Reputation: 40

Aug 23, 2006, 10:02 AM
    WHAT THE HE**... you go and walk up to your child and say hello... I am the daddy... do you need anything... can I help you with anything... create a conversation in public with our child... do not run away... like scared a child... that is your child and you have a right to speak to her in public.. if you do not... this is what I would think if I saw you behave in such a matter... do I really matter to that man and then I would say yes I do not matter to that man my mom is right... he is a dog... you give damn... say hello to your in public first... first step...

Aug 23, 2006, 10:14 AM
    If we saw her in public we would say hi to her. SO far we haven't. All I was saying is that if and when we go up to her, her mother will have a lot to say about it. She will say we are stalking her and harassing her and probably go to the police like she has before and try to get us arrested. We of course would say hi to the daughter if we saw her. We just know there will be a lot of Sh#@ to deal with after the fact.
    fed up Posts: 91, Reputation: 6

Aug 23, 2006, 10:31 AM
    He has a court order allowing him to see her. That is not stalking in any state of province in Canada. Exercise your rights now. Show up at her house with the police and your court order in your hands. See how fast she backs off. Don't think about it just do it now.

Aug 23, 2006, 10:39 AM
    We've talked to the police before. THey didn't seem to really know what they could do. Since he has his visitation every other weekend, I'm sure the mother will say that the weekend we show up, isn't our weekend. So then we would have to go back the next weekend and she probably wouldn't be there. But I guess it doesn't hurt to try! I'll talk to my fiance' about it again. Maybe we can get a different officer this time that will help us!

Aug 23, 2006, 06:50 PM
    Keep bugging the police until you get one that cares or is so sick and tired of you that they will do anything to settle this. The early bird always gets the worm. Be persistent.
    LUNAGODDESS Posts: 467, Reputation: 40

Aug 24, 2006, 03:37 AM
    Go to the police and state your case... help create a record of behavior... so when she calls and create some sh**... the negative direction will be thrown her direction... do not let a fool control your life... get in charge of it...

Aug 24, 2006, 02:52 PM
    My fiance' is weary of taking the police over there cause he doesn't want to start more trouble. His daughter is already wetting the bed because of all this and he doesn't want to make it worse by scaring her with police coming to her door. I don't really think it will make it worse but I can't make him do something he feels he shouldn't since she's not my daughter. I'm going to keep working on him though! Maybe I can get him to change his mind...
    desparatedad Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 9, 2010, 09:59 AM
    You can get virtual visitation rights in some states, so she will have to answer the phone. My husband is in the same situtation, his ex has not let him see his son in 10 years!! We live in a different country so its impossible; We cannot afford an attorney so we are getting a bank loan so we can at least have virtual visitation rights this includes regular phone calls and skype calls. It is reallt frustrating and affecting our family life because my hubby is so upset about not seeing his child.

Dec 9, 2010, 08:49 PM

I am amazed that her custodial rights were not taken away from her and the fathers rights reinstated. You need to get a good lawyer.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My mother acts like a bill collector more than a mother [ 9 Answers ]

I need an opinion... my mother has lent me money for some computer programs and we get our cell phones together so I deposit mine in her account every month to pay for mine and pay her monthly to pay her back for my programs. Lately, my work has been slow, and I will not have the money until next...

Going to Court [ 10 Answers ]

I have a question, I am going to court for a debt with a law office regarding a credit card that I have been paying since last July. I have sent letters to the law office stating that I owe the debt and that I intend to pay it and have been paying each month. They wanted a certain amount I did...

Visitation [ 3 Answers ]

My friend was suppose to pick up his child for the second go round of visitation. He called the moms home 5 hours in advance to make sure she didn't say she forgot or bring up any other lame excuse. Well when he called her dad answered the phone and said he would call her at work. Well the pick up...

Visitation [ 1 Answers ]

My friend just got visitation ordered through the courts for his son he haven't seen in a year. My question is if the mother of the child doesn't show up at the place ordered by the courts what can he do? They also have mutual restraining orders on each other(No harassing, can't come to each...

View more questions Search