Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jayejaye Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 21, 2006, 12:55 PM
    Job Hunting W/knee Problems
    i, shattered my knee cap in '01 :(
    i, have had a second surgery 1/06 to remove hardware.
    i, just left my job a drivers license examiner due to the physical aspects of the job. i'm in a catch 22. i, can not stand or sit for long periods. According to ssa... my injuries is not considered a disablity and does not preclude work.

HELP !
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 21, 2006, 01:16 PM
    I would get an attorney familiar with SSA Disability to help you secure disability status.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 21, 2006, 03:30 PM
    I would agree with Scott, from what I have seen with friends and clients in my medical supply business. Almost everyone got turn down when they first apply, almost all of them that got attorneys got it, the ones without attorneys are still doing their own appeals and not getting anywhere.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Knee pain [ 1 Answers ]

I’m 7 weeks into a knee injury. I fell from 3 feet up on top of a wood bench going through the seating part catching my leg in the frame clipping my knee just below the kneecap and hyper extending as I rolled at the same time. I had a mri and x-rays at 4 weeks and was told that the lcl and meniscus...

Gone Turkey Hunting [ 7 Answers ]

Hey everybody, this isn't really a debate, just something I have been wondering about. The topic is how you spend your thanksgiving? In my family it has always been around probably 6 people, my moms, sister, step-dad and I + the grandparents. However because my grandfather passed away last year...

Knee won't scab over [ 1 Answers ]

I skidded out in the bike part of a triathlon last Sunday and skinned my knee, arm, etc. The bruises are awesome! I'm worried that the scab on my knee keeps cracking open because it's on a joint (obviously). Should I keep it covered with neosporin or something so it doesn't crack... it'll never...

View more questions Search