Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    armorroof Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 21, 2006, 12:01 PM
    scammed by Theous Corporation, THEOUS, SOPHEA, INFINOLOGY
    I was scammed by this company on would like to pass this info on to all.

Scammed!!
    Theous Corporation, THEOUS, SOPHEA, INFINOLOGY.. GRANT WRITING, WEB DESIGN, LOGO DESIGN, RESUME WRITING, SEARCH ENGINE OPTIMIZATION, 3D ART SERVICES, WEB HOSTING Los Angeles California

Company
    Infinology Corporation, Albert
    Address:
    3010 Wilshire Blvd. PO Box 450
    Los Angeles California 90010
    U.S.A.
    Phone Number:
    1-877-883-2248

Fax:

Three Names Same Company- THEOUS, SOPHEA, INFINOLOGY

I was wanting a Logo designed for my new start up. So I searched on Google and came across the top 10 logo designers at themostpopularbrands.com/
    reviews/logo_designers/index.htm?site=google&engine=adwords!2656&keyword= logo+design&match_type

This is were I was taken
    theous.com/logo_designers/index.php

The site sounded and looked OK. I needed a logo quick and this company looked like they could help me at a reasonable rate. The site quality wasn't as good as many of the other companies I looked at, but I went against my better judgement because of their promotion. I couldn't believe I was getting $545.00 package for $165.00.

I paid my $165.00 for this package. After I paid I received their order e-mail confirmation, that didn't have a reference/ order # on it. It states the following “Infinology Corp. will appear on your credit card statement as they are the company which handles the credit card processing for Theous Corporation. If you have any questions with this order please call 863-223-2296.”

, shows my billing info. I didn't think much of it so I went about my business until I received a second e-mail from this company of many names. It stated Thank you for ordering our LogoDesign service. Please download the attached Microsoft word document and answer the questions accordingly. We need you to answers these questions before we can start Designing your Logo. If you have any quesitons please email the question to: [email protected].

The document was very basic and asked very general questions concerning my company. Again I thought nothing of this. Everything seems to be moving right along. A week goes by and I haven't heard a thing from them. So I call and they say that they have my file and should start on it soon. They stated that there was a lot of business coming in from their special promotion and I should be patient.

I wait a few more days and still no word from this company. I start getting suspicious and do a search on this company. OOOOOOOOOOOHHHHH I should have gone with my gut feeling on this. I was scammed and I knew it. There isn't a lot out on the search but what is out there isn't good concerning this company.

I called the company again and the person I spoke with stated he could find any info on my order. He asked if I was sure I placed an order.

I'm ticked off now and do a search again and find a site called Rip Off Report.com on this site I find a fellow consumer “ Gurvir” that has been jacked around. I e-mailed him and he stated he was talking to a manager by the name of Albert. So I called the # he gave me and spoke with Albert. Albert told me he also couldn't find any record of my purchase. I told him my card was charged by his company. His reply was to have me e-mail him with a reason as to why I want a refund. I sent the e-mail and waited. Nothing. I contacted Gurvir again and he said he has got Theous to refund our money but he has to retract his posting on Rip off Report. I call Theous again and speak to Albert. Albert says he will not refund my money until this other customer retracts his statement. I didn't write the complaint nor do I know your other customer. PLEASE refund my money. Albert again states all I have to do is E-mail him a reason why I'm requesting a refund and they will give my money back. I send him 6 more e-mails stating why I want a refund. I have not received a refund or a phone nor an e-mail from this company.

BEWARE!! Don't use their services you will be ripped off
    ANYONE ALREADY RIPPED OFF BY THEM CONTACT ME
    my email is [email protected] I am collecting their order receipts to send it to FBI to file report and have investigation done on this company.

3 Names this company runs by
    THEOUS, SOPHEA, INFINOLOGY
    THEIR SERVICES ARE:-
    GRANT WRITING, WEB DESIGN, LOGO DESIGN, RESUME WRITING, SEARCH ENGINE OPTIMIZATION, 3D ART SERVICES, WEB HOSTING

CATCH THE COMPANY 2 PLACES TO GO!
    webhostingstuff.com/company/InfinologyCorporation.html

infinology.co.uk/index.htm

CONTACT INFO I HAVE FOR THEM:-
    Theous Corporation
    3250 Wilshire Blvd. #809
    Los Angeles California 90010

Phone Number:
    877-439-1610
    863-223-2296
    877-439-1610
    319-208-7693
    BASED IN Los Angles, California

This site says very good stuff about the company (THEOUS, SOPHEA, and INFINOLOGY) total BUMER, A BIG CHEATER IN INDUSTRY---- STAY AWAY!
    themostpopularbrands.com/
    reviews/resume_writing/index.htm?site=google&engine=adwords!2656&keyword= resume+writing&match_type

theous.com/resume_writers/index.php

trade-pals.com/business-professionals
    /Business-Services-Other-1534.html

http://web-hosting-review.toptenreviews.com
    /infinology-review.html

internetadsales.com/modules/wfsection/article.php?articleid=780

webhostingstuff.com/company/InfinologyCorporation.html

webhostingratings.com/plans/Infinology.html

upperhost.com/infinology_web_hosting_review.htm

smartconsumers.infinology.com/secrethosting.htm

1010mlm.com/webhostingreviewer.html

webhosting20.com/

Michael
    Liberty Hill, Texas
    U.S.A.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 21, 2006, 01:06 PM
    Call your credit card company IMMEDIATELY and have them cancel the charge. This is the advantage of paying by CC. They will rescind the charge pending an investigation and from what you say, you didn't get the services you contracted for.

Now whether this company is a scam or not, I can't say. A few bad experiences does not make a company a fraud.

What I can say, and sorry to be harsh about it, but you led with your chin here. There were a number of alarms that rang in reading your note. The first was; "I couldn't believe I was getting $545.00 package for $165.00." Rule of thumb, if it sounds too good to be true it usually is. Who says it's a $545 package? $545 for someone to design a single logo sounds a bit high. My bike club just had new jerseys designed for less than that. Second, you were bothered by the quality of the site. Since graphics design is important for a web site, that should have raised a very bright red flag. It should have given you pause to investigate. Third, did you ask to see previous work, references? If you didn't you, were being foolish, just as your neglecting to do a WEB search was.

Doing business under different names or using another company's name for CC processing is not unusual.

Finally, I would be wary about making derogatory statements about companies online or trying to disrupt their business. They can sue you for libel. Its one thing to state that you had a bad experience with them its another to say they are a ripoff and stay away.
    SANDLOT Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 1, 2006, 10:13 AM
    I wish I had found your complaint BEFORE they got me! Yes, I have been scammed. This is terribly frustrating. I am a new business and was looking for some help in designing a logo to grab attention. I thought I had researched, but unfortunately some lessons are very expensive. They do not return my calls and only sent me three very pathetic 6 grade style logos. I ended up coming up with one on my own. I told them what I wanted and never even got so much as a 'sorry we can't' from them. I called and was told they were out to lunch.. or busy... or whatever. Never got called back never got a return email... nothing. The designs were terrible using simple everyday fonts and outdated colors. THEOUS CORPORATION CONTACTS were: Winnie Krammer, Crom Sophia and Debbie Chavez... I am filing a report with my credit card company and with Better Business Bureau.
    DieselDude Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Oct 25, 2006, 09:40 AM
    THEOUS IS A SCAM!!! Theous.com IS A SCAM!!! INFINOLOGY Is A SCAM!!!

I was a victim of this SCAM. The Theous SCAM is growing at an alarming rate. Hopefully our government will do something about it soon. Many of us have contacted the US government, (FBI, Federal Trade Commission, IC3, etc.).

You may review the latest feedback on the Theous SCAM (Theous.com SCAM) at the following LINKS:

http://www.labbb.org/BBBWeb/Forms/Bu...nyID=100033937

http://www.ripoffreport.com/results....h%21&q5=theous
    Sarah Williams Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 26, 2006, 07:15 AM
    Response from Theous Corporation
    Hi, my name is Sarah Williams. I am in public relations for Theous Corporation. I just want to explain that we are not a scam. We are a legitimate company. I've been reading some of the comments online, some are true and some are completely falsified. We want everyone to be aware that not all comments are true and some competitors are trying to ruin our reputation for their own good. However, there are some truths to these comments. We do have a few customers who were upset with our service and that is due to a few employees who left our company and for a brief period we were not able to deliver some of the projects on time because we were short staffed. The bad comments listed do not represent all of our customers. We have over 100 customers per day ordering our service and the number of complaints is no where near that amount. Most of the customers are extremely happy with our service.

For the past few months, we have experienced higher than normal problems with our service because a few talented employees left our company. This problem was only temporary and only a few customers project were delayed while most projects were delivered on time. The problem has already been fixed, and will never happen again because we have hired more then enough project managers to handle all projects.

We would like to repair our reputation and fix any problems that you may have. If you deserve a refund we would be willing to offer it. If you are a legitimate customer with a valid complaint please contact me directly at and I will do my best to help you out.

Sincerely,

Sarah Williams
    Public Relations
    Theous Corporation
    [email protected]
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Oct 26, 2006, 07:35 AM
    You have a Yahoo account? No corporate email account?
    There's another massive red flag.

Oct 26, 2006, 07:53 AM
    I have to agree with Need here. The use of a Yahoo e-mail account rather then a corporate account is very suspicious. I would not advise anyone to e-mail Ms Williams as this may be a REAL scam to commit identity theft.
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Oct 26, 2006, 09:49 AM
    Sarah, it has not been infrequent that a company representative finds posts like the ones you refer to and comes to the site.

... and I might add that in more than a couple instances, the company rep responding here has played out nicely for both the company and the customers/clients.

You are welcomed and encouraged to respond to issues directly in the threads that they are in.

Oct 26, 2006, 10:04 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by RickJ
    Sarah, it has not been infrequent that a company representative finds posts like the ones you refer to and comes to the site.

...and I might add that in more than a couple instances, the company rep responding here has played out nicely for both the company and the customers/clients.

You are welcomed and encouraged to respond to issues directly in the threads that they are in.
    Do you have any proof that the person who startied this thread is entitled to speak for this company and is who she says she is? As I pointed out 2 factors make me suspicious, the common name and the use of a Yahoo e-mail address rather than a company address.

Absent of any proof that this person does represent this company (anyone can open an account here in just a few minutes and claim they represent any company), I think it is irresponsible on the part of this site to let this thread stand. And even more irresponsible for someone representing the site to welcome the poster, giving a tacit verification of their identity. This could open the site to a lawsuit if someone provided information that was then used against them.

I think that this thread should be pulled until or unless Ms Williams right to represent this company is established. Until that happens, I think anyone who provides Ms Williams with information is taking a big risk.
    Uber Member

Oct 26, 2006, 10:21 AM
    Man, their website just screams "i'm going to scam you. Absolutely NO contact information and looks like it was designed by a 5 year old. I agree with Scott, no one should email this person, in fact I'd be comfortable with that email address being removed from the post.
    Uber Member

Oct 26, 2006, 10:31 AM
    I fully agree that emailing a Yahoo address is not the way to go.

I think that if a rep of TC is willing to give a phone number or otherwise address issues in a thread - where users can see the results, then those who are complaining will appreciate it.

Sarah, are you there? Are you reading this?

I will search further for some of the examples I'm speaking of.
    Uber Member

Oct 26, 2006, 10:32 AM
    PS - If this IS a scam, then an even better reason to leave the thread here so current and future users can see it.
    Uber Member

Oct 26, 2006, 10:37 AM
    For what it's worth; see here:
    https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/introd...ion-39170.html

Either Sarah Williams will prove to be of some assistance... or her post will be for naught - and be just one more bit of info to find on the net and consider/be warned about before doing business with them.
    Uber Member

Oct 26, 2006, 10:44 AM
    I will email tonight from a throwaway account. :D
    Uber Member

Oct 26, 2006, 10:57 AM
    ;) , I already did.

Quote Originally Posted by email
    I'm a moderator at askmehelpdesk. I do presume that you would like the company to have a better reputation, so will suggest this:

If you openly and sincerely address the issues brought up at the site, then it WILL benefit the company. If you don't, then you've just made matters worse for the company.

I am not judging the validity of either your or the members claims: I'm just pointing out a reality that I've seen time and time again on the site.

Rick.

Oct 26, 2006, 11:10 AM
    I fully agree that emailing a yahoo address is not the way to go.

I think that if a rep of TC is willing to give a phone number or otherwise address issues in a thread - where users can see the results, then those who are complaining will appreciate it.
    I fully agree with that. As I was first reading this I thought it a good idea on the part of the company. Then I saw the name and e-mail and the alarm bells went off.

I disagree with leaving it up however. If this is a scam, it may not be perpetrated by the company itself. So they could have a cause of action for leaving it without verifying it.

Oct 26, 2006, 11:14 AM
    For what it's worth; see here:
    https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/introd...ion-39170.html

Either Sarah Williams will prove to be of some assistance...or her post will be for naught - and be just one more bit of info to find on the net and consider/be warned about before doing business with them.
    Or, as noted in the linked thread, the person who initiated that thread could be just a phony with nothing to do with Theous and just perpetrating a scam of their own.
    Uber Member

Oct 26, 2006, 11:35 AM
    This site does not and can not endorse or verify the claims of any member. That would be a full time job for dozens of people.

Even on the flip side, we can not and do not verify claims of scams, bad treatment, et al that consumers/customers/clients make either.
    Uber Member

Oct 26, 2006, 12:27 PM
    I see the company claims "Highest Rating" with the BBB yet the BBB rates them an F:
    http://www.labbb.org/BBBWeb/Forms/Bu...nyID=100033937

If it were me I'd be complaining to the BBB. My guess is that the BBB will not appreciate their logo being used on Theos's site with a false claim like that.

At this point I would not be surprised to learn that many of the people they claim are clients are not clients at all. Depending on how much time you can or will put into this, I would contact some of them and ask them if they really are happy clients of Theous.

Note: I am not speaking on behalf of AskMeHelpDesk. I am only suggesting what I would do if it were me.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Oct 26, 2006, 01:18 PM
    I like this.
    From BBB own site via a search you get This
    And from Theous site you get This.
    I love the way the Theos site leads to an IP address of 8.3.8.198, but BBB leads directly to www.labbb.org. Labbb.org's IP is really 64.60.4.195!!

Nice and iffy.
    I wonder if "Sarah" would care to explain this annomily?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Closing S-Corporation [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, We closed our business (S-Corporation) April of last year. We are incorporated in the state of Kentucky. All bills owed and taxes due have been paid. Can you tell me what we need to do to actually close the corporation. Thanks, Harry

Think we are getting scammed with trumped up charges after moving out [ 12 Answers ]

Hi, I live in Virginia. We recently moved out of an apartment that we had been renting for one 1/2 years. The apartment complex is only two years old. Since we broke the lease to buy our house, we had to pay for all of August, though someone was scheduled to move in on August 20. We were to be...

Final return - S-Corporation [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am doing the final return for our Travel Agency, an S-Corporation. We closed the business April of last year as we were unable to sell it. As of the end of 2005 all that remains on the Balance Sheet is Assets - Cash $14 and Intangible Assets less Accumulated Amortization $21,729 . ...

American Business Corporation (ABC) [ 3 Answers ]

American Business Corporation (ABC) announces IDO Program through ABC Employment In August of 2005 American Business Corporation announced an Independent Division Owner program for it's employment Division ABC Employment. The program allows independent owners to license exclusive Rights...

Corporation sole, freedom or a ticket to jail? [ 2 Answers ]

There are numerous web sites touting the alleged tax immunity and asset protection features of the corporation sole, and there are numerous peddlers who would like to help relieve you of your hard-earned money. Many well-meaning but overly-trusting Christians have already been taken advantage...

View more questions Search