Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    askwho12 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 25, 2009, 10:03 PM
    Changing wep to wpa for wireless networking
    If anyone know how to set up wireless networking, please help to explain how to change the set up from wep to wpa (step by step). I've tried, but don't know how. Thanks in advance.
    robertva Posts: 249, Reputation: 30

Feb 25, 2009, 10:16 PM

As different makes and models of wireless routers have different firmware a "step by step" explanation wouldn't be possible without knowing the router's make, model number and possibly even the firmware revision number. Once this information is provided the user manual would probably specify the necessary procedure.

There may be variation in the setup of the computer's wireless network card as well.

There's usually an IP address you can enter your web browser's address bar for configuring the wireless router. Look for it in the router's user manual. If you can't locate the user manual see if it can be downloaded from the manufacturer's web site. You may have to log into the router's control page(s) with a user name and/or a password. Once you log into the control page there's usually some sort of menu structure or web form. The router's control page(s) usually act like a mini web site.
    NoDaddy dot com Posts: 101, Reputation: 0

Mar 4, 2009, 02:30 AM
    In Firefox type the brand- and model of your router here:

That should find you setup notes for your device

Optionally add

Filetype:PDF

To your search

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Setting up wireless home networking via a wireless aircard [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying to set up a wireless home networking using a wireless aircard. I have installed the wireless air card via USB connect on my desktop PC. I have a Linksys Wireless router and I want to be able to connect two laptops wirelessly via this router. I am having problems establishing a...

Securing wireless networking [ 1 Answers ]

I just installed a wireless D-Link WBR-1310 to my home system so that I could add my new Toshiba laptop to the network. How can I set the system so that my neighbors don't help themselves to my network? Spoons:) :D

Wireless networking [ 4 Answers ]

Hi I Need To Connect Two Computers Through Wireless Networking They Are 80 Feet Away From Each Other. I Need To Get Into One Computer Through The Other One. Thank You

Wireless networking [ 2 Answers ]

I have two computers set up with a Belkin wireless router.One computer has a Belkin wireless network adapter and the other has Belkin wireless desktop card.Should they both have either Belkin wirelesss cards or Belkin USB network adapters? I want to know why one computer can access files and...

View more questions Search