Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lola26 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 25, 2009, 07:26 PM
    Dogs fighting?
    How can I stop my puppy to start fighting with others dogs?
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Feb 26, 2009, 07:59 AM

Is it other dogs in the street or other dogs you own?

Dogs in the street - there isn't much you can do apart from keep a short leash, aggressive dogs are like angry people... people can go to anger therapy but dogs can't. Some dogs are just aggressive by nature.

Dogs at home - He is trying to win the spot as 'top dog' among the pack. Most dogs will establish a 'pecking order' if you have more than one dog at home and the way they show who is the most dominant is with fighting or snapping at each other until one backs down. You could try separating them and re-introduce them slowly either on leash or through a window or something like a puppy pen.
    carolbcac Posts: 342, Reputation: 72

Mar 1, 2009, 11:12 AM

Is he really being aggressive or is he play fighting? Its really hard for some people to tell the difference--the play fights are often louder and more dramatic than the real thing. The puppy's age is also a consideration here. He may need a lot more socialization to learn how to meet other dogs properly and ask them to play politely.
    If you think it is real fighting, try to find a trainer or behaviorist in your area to help work on his problem while he is still young. Neutering almost always helps also.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Are hot dogs safe for dogs [ 7 Answers ]

Are hot dogs safe for me to feed to my dog,or are there any health issues I should be concerned with?

Female dogs fighting BAD! [ 1 Answers ]

My Mom has 2 female dogs. One is a 4 year old chihuahua and the other is a 1 year old dachshund. She has had both since they were 8 weeks old. Basically these dogs have been together for a year now. Both are spayed. Out of nowhere, they have started viciously fighting! The dachshund tries to mount...

How do I tell if our dogs are playing or fighting? [ 5 Answers ]

My husband and I have a great dane puppy and a husky- he's 11. Sometimes they seem completely content around each other, lay on the same run and chew on their toys and sometimes they start growling and/or barking. I noticed when taking our puppy to puppy classes that some of the other dogs are also...

AVG and AOL are fighting [ 2 Answers ]

I run with XP - also have Vista, which I hate - and AVG. A computer person set my system up for me. "Something" keeps loading onto my computer and I can't access any sites. I get a conflict message. When asked if I want AOL to update, I say no. Microsoft never asks me anything, nor does AVG....

Two dogs fighting, sisters [ 2 Answers ]

I have two 20 month old Sisters who are fantastically well behaved in the house very loving to each other and sleep together all cuddled up. However take them both out together and within minutes they are wanting to rip each other throats out literally!! Dot is the bigger of the wo and I...

View more questions Search