Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ladyishas Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 25, 2009, 07:23 PM
    What my seven and five years girls supposed to do
    Am I supposed to remind my seven and five years old to put their cloth in the hamper,to make their bed and to keep quite when their eating,to put their plates in the sink after eating every day?
    bones252100 Posts: 253, Reputation: 29

Feb 25, 2009, 08:51 PM

Yes! Welcome to being a parent. Repetition will eventually become their habit. Then you will have to remind them about other things you haven't come across yet.
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

Feb 25, 2009, 09:00 PM

Yes... and you will be doing it for a long time.

Try a system of stars and when they complete a task they put a star next to their name.When they get a certain amount of stars they get a reward.

Tell them they get a bonus star if you do not have to remind them.

Positive reinforcement is key to getting children to feel good about their achievements and getting them to repeat good behavior.
    O_Troubles Posts: 313, Reputation: 20

Feb 25, 2009, 09:10 PM

Maybe once in a while your children may remember... Then you won't say it all the time.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 25, 2009, 09:41 PM

Yes, and by the time they get 16 it will be worst, they will not even remember every now and then.

Again welcome to being a parent.

What type of chore chart with rewards for doing things without being told do you use
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Feb 25, 2009, 09:43 PM

Yes.. I'm not so sure what your question meant, as the answer seemed pretty obvious. Did you mean to ask if it was too much for your children to do these things..
    O_Troubles Posts: 313, Reputation: 20

Feb 25, 2009, 09:45 PM

Did you just post the question because you were frustrated or because your actually wondering if you have to do thoes things?
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Feb 25, 2009, 09:49 PM
    Yes.

Different children can be different... my daughter was much more advanced than my son concerning speech, manners, cleanliness... but my son is also more loving and sweet.

So... day after day I have to tell him (often more than 2-3 times) to put his socks on... to go get his coat... to place his shoes in his closet... to put his trash in the bin.

Eventually it will stick. Until then, it's a thankless job worth doing, even if it drives you mad.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How are you supposed to know?:( [ 12 Answers ]

How are you supposed to know if you are ugly? I can't base it on my own opinion, because I insult myself every chance I get:(

Do guys tend to lose interest in girls more quickly if the girls are easily dated? [ 11 Answers ]

It seems like most of the guys that I have dated lost interest in me if we started dating fairly quickly and easily. It seemed to happen even more quickly once we were in a relationship and I asked if we could go out to certain events or see certain things. Then most of the guys that have asked...

Is this how it's supposed to be? [ 9 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I have been together for about 1 year. I've never felt this way about anyone before, I knew I wanted to marry him the first week we spent together. What we had at first was SO special, but I don't know what happened. We fight every couple of weeks.. Big fights. I don't yell or...

My boyfriend of 2 years wants to meet hott girls [ 4 Answers ]

I'm going to be a senior in high school this year and my boyfriend of 2 years is going away to college this year (it's only 3 hours away). Well anyway I was on his Facebook reading messages and I read a conversation between him and his friend that my boyfriend wants his friend to introduce him to...

How am I supposed to fix this? [ 3 Answers ]

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v200/-x-NoOne-x-/f.jpg THis is odd and its driving me nuts!

View more questions Search