Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Peggy-Walt Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 21, 2006, 07:29 AM
    Eviction
    :confused: :confused: I have a rental house and the person on the contract has a wife and she has a son that is her not his. Her name is not on the contract. He wants her out. How do I go about doing this? Any help would be great. Not sure what to do in this situation. The house is in Indiana. Not sure if there are any laws about evicting a wife and her kid.

Thanks
    Peggy
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Aug 21, 2006, 08:27 AM
    Hello peggy:

This appears to be a domestic problem that HE needs to deal with. It is NOT a landlord tenant problem. Unless this is a relative to whom you owe more than just a modicum of communication, I would tell him exactly that - and that you'll be looking for his rent check on the 1st. I absolutely would not get involved in their domestic problems, nor would I offer him any advice.

excon
    Cvillecpm Posts: 553, Reputation: 28

Aug 21, 2006, 08:54 AM
    YOU as the landlord do NOTHING... Your TENANT can remove his guests/invitees using the police or changing the locks or getting a restraining order if that is appropriate.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kentucky eviction law motion for eviction [ 8 Answers ]

Hi I really need help I bought a house for 30,000 from a lady we have just a one simple page contract basically states I paid 15000.00 dollars down In April 05' and then make payments of 400.00 a month for 36 months Contract has no sell as is in it because at time of sale we the lady homeowner...

Eviction Law? [ 8 Answers ]

I sold my property last month to someone and we had a written contract stating that I had 90 days from the time the papers were signed to stay there. After the 90 days however rent would start to apply. 2 days ago I was informed that he sold the property and this other person can move me out at...

5 day eviction [ 3 Answers ]

I live in Virginia. Does anyone know about eviction laws there? My brother received a 5 day eviction notice. What happens if he doesn't leave. Doesn't the landlord have to take him to court? How does this work? Thanks

FL eviction [ 1 Answers ]

The tenants in my rental home have not paid rent this month. It is now twenty-nine days past due. I have not been able to contact them for three weeks. They are never home and don't answer the phone. What steps do I take in Fl. To evict.

Eviction [ 2 Answers ]

I am renting a home. My lease was up in Sept.05 and now we are renting month to month. I let the landlord know that on the 2nd of the month that I wouldn't have the rent until 2wks from now. She stated that we have until the end of the month to get our things out. Then later on she stated that we...

View more questions Search