Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    450donn Posts: 1,821, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

Feb 25, 2009, 10:40 AM
    On Leviticus
    Leviticus 18:22 You shall lot lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination (NAS) Do not practice homosexuality; it is a detestable practice. (NLT)
    Leviticus 18:30 Thus you are to keep My charge that you do not practice any of the abominable customs which have been practiced before you, so that you do not defile yourselves with them; I am the Lord your God. (NAS)
    So be careful to obey my laws, and do not practice any of these detestable activities. Do not defile yourselves by doing any of them, for I, the Lord am your God. (NLT)
    So if I am reading this correctly how can anybody who claims to be a christian also be homosexual?
    Choux Posts: 3,047, Reputation: 376
    Ultra Member

Feb 25, 2009, 10:54 AM

Not only homosexualiaty was declared an abomination, but also of *equal standing* was wearing clothes of two different materials. We all do that! So, according to your question, how can *you* be a Christian??

If you want to hate... just admit it. :)
    Ultra Member

Feb 25, 2009, 11:06 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Choux View Post
    Not only homosexualiaty was declared an abomination, but also of *equal standing* was wearing clothes of two different materials. We all do that! So, according to your question, how can *you* be a Christian????

If you want to hate.....just admit it. :)
    Can you site chapter and verse please?
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Feb 25, 2009, 11:10 AM
    "Do not cut the hair at the sides of your head or clip off the edges
    of your beard." (Leviticus 19:27)
    Have you shaven lately?

"...do not plant your field with two kinds of seed. Do not wear
    material woven of two kinds of material." (Leviticus 19:19)
    Better check the labels of all your clothes.
    Ultra Member

Feb 25, 2009, 11:20 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma View Post
    Have you shaven lately?

Better check the labels of all your clothes.
    NK if you are going to quote the Bible, please finish the passage.
    Lev 19:19
    You are to keep my statutes. You shall not breed together two kinds of you cattle; you shall not sow your field with two kinds of seed, not wear a garment upon you of two kinds of material mixed together.
    If you read the whole passage it is saying "A" garment. It says nothing about mixing two different garments does it?
    Uber Member

Feb 25, 2009, 11:21 AM
    Garment = clothes, no? What is a garment to you?
    You are sinning if you wear cotton/polyester mix.
    Ultra Member

Feb 25, 2009, 11:29 AM

And yet, what did John the Baptist wear?
    I have all cotton on today, how about you?
    Uber Member

Feb 25, 2009, 11:37 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by 450donn View Post
    I have all cotton on today, how about you?
    I bet you don't. Do you think in John the baptist's time they have weaving mills that fed spools of rayon and wool?
    What about your locks? Have they ever been shaven?
    Choux Posts: 3,047, Reputation: 376
    Ultra Member

Feb 25, 2009, 12:00 PM

It's shocking to find out how many Christians don't know their religion when it is written clearly out for all to see.
    Ultra Member

Feb 25, 2009, 01:15 PM

Choux, that sounds like hate speech to me! And you claimed I was the hate monger?
    Don't let your prejudices blind you.

It really amazes me how you and NK can go off on a tangent that has nothing to do with my original question. But instead you choose to try and justify one sin with something that has no baring on the subject at hand.
    sndbay Posts: 1,447, Reputation: 62
    Ultra Member

Feb 25, 2009, 01:54 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by 450donn View Post
    So if I am reading this correctly how can anybody who claims to be a christian also be homosexual?
    The law is the lamp of God's Word that is offered as the guiding light to our path of life. It is to teach us right from wrong. It tells us of our errors, and shows all sins. And as we have seen so far in posting, we are all with sin.

To answer the question above would be to say no one has the right to claim they are christian who do sin. And that is not what Our Lord has offered us....

Matthew 7:1-2 Judge not, that ye be not judged. For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.

Psalms 96:10-13 Say among the heathen [that] the LORD reigneth: the world also shall be established that it shall not be moved: he shall judge the people righteously. Let the heavens rejoice, and let the earth be glad; let the sea roar, and the fulness thereof. Let the field be joyful, and all that [is] therein: then shall all the trees of the wood rejoice Before the LORD: for he cometh, for he cometh to judge the earth: he shall judge the world with righteousness, and the people with his truth.
    Uber Member

Feb 25, 2009, 03:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by sndbay View Post
    To answer the question above would be to say no one has the right to claim they are christian who do sin.
    Correct. So if you have cut hair at the sides of your head or clip off the edges of your beard you cannot claim to be a christian.
    Ultra Member

Feb 25, 2009, 04:24 PM
    Correct. So if you have cut hair at the sides of your head or clip off the edges of your beard you cannot claim to be a christian.
    Not true... Christians are follower of Christ Jesus

We are all sinners, and fall short in our flesh body. Yet belief in Christ Jesus as the begotten Son of God, and Our Father's Grace... We can have the door of salvation opened to us, when we repent of our sins. Eternal Life is a decision of the heart.

Matthew 19:16 And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?

Matthew 19:17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? [there is] none good but one, [that is], God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.

Matthew 19:18 He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Honour thy father and [thy] mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
    Uber Member

Feb 25, 2009, 04:32 PM
    Not true... Christians are follower of Christ Jesus
    But you just said earlier:

To answer the question above would be to say no one has the right to claim they are christian who do sin.
    Ultra Member

Feb 25, 2009, 04:48 PM
    But you just said earlier:

The original question was Quote: So if I am reading this correctly how can anybody who claims to be a christian also be homosexual?

My reply was that Quote: To answer the question above would be to say no one has the right to claim they are christian who do sin. And that is not what Our Lord has offered us....

Our Lord offers forgiveness for all sins as Christians that follow Him!
    Uber Member

Feb 25, 2009, 04:51 PM
    But it's the same answer for the person who has cut their hair or shaved their beard, they are also transgressing the word in the Bible. Also since a homosexual is a follower of Jesus Christ then he also is a christian. Why are you making a distinction between the two?
    Ultra Member

Feb 25, 2009, 05:23 PM
    But it's the same answer for the person who has cut their hair or shaved their beard, they are also transgressing the word in the Bible.
    YES, I agree.. There is no degree in sin, we are all sinners. The scripture I reference along the way also confirms we are all sinners.

Also since a homosexual is a follower of Jesus Christ then he also is a christian. Why are you making a distinction between the two?
    That was my point there is no distinction between sin. And I added we should not judge, we are warned not to judge anyone.

However...that does not mean we are not suppose to try and follow the ways of Christ. In the course of life, experience are to teach us, and the desire of eternal life with God says we are to gain wisdom. The beginning of knowledge is the fear of God. God does not like sin

Proverbs 1:7 The fear of the LORD [is] the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction
    Uber Member

Feb 25, 2009, 05:39 PM
    It makes one wonder why the churches are full of shaven people, even the priests!
    galveston Posts: 451, Reputation: 60

Feb 25, 2009, 06:00 PM

Some of you are offering ridiculous arguments. Those laws about hair style, clothing materials, seeds, and cattle were given to ISRAEL ONLY and were intended to teach RACIAL purity.

The law against same gender sex was given in the context of what the inhabitants of the land of Caanan were guilty of, along with adulterey, fornication, incest, and beastialiaty.

The New Testament says nothing about those laws SPECIFIC to Israel, as Jesus fulfilled all of them perfectly.

The New Testament DOES say a lot about the SIN of same gender sex.

By the way, the ONLY persons who could not cut their hair or shave were nazarites and only for as long as they were under that particular vow. Otherwise, Israelites were only forbidden to copy the styles of the Egyptians.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 25, 2009, 06:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by galveston View Post
    Some of you are offering ridiculous arguments. Those laws about hair style, clothing materials, seeds, and cattle were given to ISRAEL ONLY and were intended to teach RACIAL purity.

The law against same gender sex was given in the context of what the inhabitants of the land of Caanan were guilty of, along with adulterey, fornication, incest, and beastialiaty.

The New Testament says nothing about those laws SPECIFIC to Israel, as Jesus fulfilled all of them perfectly.

The New Testament DOES say a lot about the SIN of same gender sex.

By the way, the ONLY persons who could not cut their hair or shave were nazarites and only for as long as they were under that particular vow. Otherwise, Israelites were only forbidden to copy the styles of the Egyptians.
    Lev. 17 is different from Lev. 19?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

View more questions Search