Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    labouton Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Feb 25, 2009, 06:52 AM
    Identify a French? Scene in Oil on Canvas
    Hi;
    I'm wondering if anyone could identify this oil painting. It appears to be a French scene that was done in oil on canvas. I believe the signiture is "Grace" but I'm not positive. On the back of the canvas is the numbers 259012 (faded) and 259013. It also has the initials HB.
    Thanks for your help,
    Al"
    Attached Images

Sherri Garner Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 2, 2009, 12:52 PM

Your painting is very typical of mass produced paintings, many of which are VERY recent, and manufactured not in France, but China.

Mar 2, 2009, 01:54 PM

Hi Sherri;
    Thanks very much for your response. I Shari appreciate it.
    Al

Mar 2, 2009, 02:00 PM

Hi Sherri;
    Thanks very much for your response. I certaintly appreciate it.
    Al
    linnealand Posts: 1,088, Reputation: 216
    Ultra Member

Mar 4, 2009, 05:58 PM

Hello Sherri! Welcome to the site! This is a wonderful place with some wonderful people, and I hope you enjoy exploring it. That said, I find that there aren't too many people here with the kind of eye and sort of gall that could call this painting out for what it is. I would love to see you posting here more often. What is the basis of your experience with art? Are you associated with the art business, are you an artist yourself, or are you simply an art aficionado?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Identify artist signature on french etching-dogs in bathroom line [ 6 Answers ]

Please help me identify the signature of this french artist - this is a signed original humorous etching of dogs in line for a "water closet" tree - the big white bulldog points to the end of the line for the anxious, dribbling hound dog , it says, "a la queue!!" on the lower left side which means...

Unknown signature on canvas [ 2 Answers ]

Hi , I have what looks like an oriental beach painting not watercolor around 15 years old with what looks like ( sron or srom ) in the bottom left of the canvas? I have tried to find the artist but with no luck , any ideas? Many Thanks

Need to value oil canvas found in wall [ 8 Answers ]

A friend has found an oil painting rolled up inside a wall. He described it as about 24X16. It used to be framed. The signature reads A. Phalipp or Pholipp (or perhaps Philipp but probably not). It is a picture of a young boy around the turn of the century maybe earlier. He is a redhead with blue...

Value of fischer oil on canvas large [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I have a very large ( approx 100cm by 50 cm) framed oil on canvas by, I think a german artist, by the name of "fischer". It was bought by my parents in the late seventies early eighties. It is of a farm scene with a thatched cottage and a large old tree in the forground and a farmer sorting...

Would any fabric do for a canvas [ 16 Answers ]

I am stretching a very big canvas and the only fabric I could find with the right size seems more like.. well it's a bit the same material used in sterile compresses or POP etc.. I mean the wholes are visible. I will put gesso on it of course but I was wondering if it will work or not.. I don't...

View more questions Search