Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    disgusted 57 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 20, 2006, 07:18 PM
    Had it with dentists!
    I went to the dentist in 2005 for a root canal and then 2 weeks later a bump formed on my gum. Went back to the dentist and she was puzzled; then proceeded to take an x-ray and still did not know what that was. I was furious and she knew it too. Then she said that the surgeon in the office would lance it. I went back the following week and he cut it with just a novocaine that I had. Boy was that painful because it felt like someone was slicing into my gum with a knife... evidentally the novocaine did not take properly. Now, this year guess what? The return of poltergeist! You got it... darn bump came back. I went back to the dentist and she said I have to go to the surgeon... I went to a different surgeon and the surgeon said I have to go back to the dentist because she has to restore the tooth and put a crown on it then the surgeon can do an apico... I am totally tired of getting the run around. I even called a lawyer cause this is getting totally ridiculous now... no one wants to do anything? I have no pain at all because let me tell you this: if I had pain, the dentist and the surgeon would be six feet under now... looks like I have to find a better dentist and surgeon cause as far as I am concerned, they are both quacks... quack quack :mad:
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 20, 2006, 07:49 PM
    It may be finding the right dentist, I have had a few great ones, They often give me so much medication, including gas that I am laughting while they work. I could not afford root canals and caps on most of the bad teeth, so the back ones that would not show I have had merely pulled.

I would say that you may want to find out what is the problem before you get an attorney, since it may not be something they did, and you will have to have another dentist to testify that the other dentist did something wrong
    Starman Posts: 1,308, Reputation: 135
    -

Sep 14, 2006, 08:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by disgusted 57
    I went to the dentist in 2005 for a root canal and then 2 weeks later a bump formed on my gum. Went back to the dentist and she was puzzled; then proceeded to take an x-ray and still did not know what that was. I was furious and she knew it too. Then she said that the surgeon in the office would lance it. I went back the following week and he cut it with just a novocaine that I had. Boy was that painful because it felt like someone was slicing into my gum with a knife....evidentally the novocaine did not take properly. Now, this year guess what? The return of poltergeist! you got it...darn bump came back. I went back to the dentist and she said I have to go to the surgeon...I went to a different surgeon and the surgeon said I have to go back to the dentist because she has to restore the tooth and put a crown on it then the surgeon can do an apico...I am totally tired of getting the run around. I even called a lawyer cause this is getting totally ridiculous now...no one wants to do anything? I have no pain at all because let me tell you this: if I had pain, the dentist and the surgeon would be six feet under now....looks like I have to find a better dentist and surgeon cause as far as I am concerned, they are both quacks.......quack quack :mad:

I recommend that you request an immediate biopsy.
    jvibe101 Posts: 58, Reputation: 4

Sep 15, 2006, 05:21 PM
    Sup. I think you should listen to Fr Chuck. I am only 16 but have been to four dentist.I finally got the right one and have never had a cavity.Good luck.:cool:
    jeffp Posts: 30, Reputation: 7

Sep 15, 2006, 06:28 PM
    Disgusted,
    Don't give up on dentists. There are some good ones and some bad ones. I have found good ones by asking people I work with or people who just know people in your community. If they go to that dentist and have had a good experience and seem to care about their teeth thern that's where you should go.

If what happened with you is similar to a past experience of mine either the infection that necessitated the root canal was not completely cleared up or the root wasn't completely sealed and allowed bacteria to enter and cause the buildup of puss and the bump. Eventually the bump would have erupted like a pimple but the unfortuantely would seal up only to erupt again as the pressure built up.

Having had 2 apicos and several root canals I can say that some fail even when done by good dentists. I had one where the root canal was fine but the infection just would be killed off even after several rounds of antibiotics. An Apico with additional sealant to the root cure that. Another time a tooth cracked below the service and created an opening in a tooth with a root canal. It wasn't necessarily anything that a dentist did wrong it's the way the infection worked. Unfortunately after two root canals, that one became an implant. Something you really want to avoid because it costs as much as a great vacation.

Keep looking for a good dentist. As someone who has spend hours upon hours in the dentist chair over my life it still beats having them all pulled and having falsies.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search