Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rockerchick_682 Posts: 496, Reputation: 72

Feb 24, 2009, 11:20 PM
    Problems with roommate
    My friend and I met in our chemistry lab. We clicked immediately and decided to live together. We weren't sure if if was the greatest idea but it's been OK until now. I don't know how to tell her when something is bugging me. Nothing that she's done is a big deal, but right now I'm frustrated. She'll ask me questions that aren't clear and when I try to answer them she'll go never mind you don't know. I do know! You're just not making sense! She also gets really tense every time after a test. I feel like its done and over with but she stays in a bad mood. I'm not one of those happy-go-lucky people. If she's snappy with me then I'm going to be snappy right back. I'm so tense anymore that I can't relax. And every time she's mad at me she never tells me, she just goes and talks to other people about it. Most of the time I feel like I'm in a bad mood cause of her. We have so much fun together, I just feel like I can't say anything or else she'll snap. She takes everything so seriously. What should I do?
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Feb 24, 2009, 11:55 PM

You know, at one time I had three roommates, and there was so much stress in all three of our lives that we tended to take it out on each other. Not intentionally, but we did. If I was stressed about work and came home and the dishes weren't done I'd spazz out. Here is what we did.

We had a big sectional couch, so once a week we'd gather in the living room. NO TV, no radio, no cell phones. We talked about our weeks, our stresses, what each person should be doing in the house. This was our non-judgement zone. Anything could be said in this circle, and the number one rule was not to take the emotions of what was said in the circle out of that circle. If something upset someone we talked about it then and there. It was quite releieving and made for a more tranquil living environment.

Hope this helped.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Roommate Problems: How to Deal with crazy Roommate [ 4 Answers ]

I have a roommate who is 52 years old (Japanese/American bon in US). He was pretty good roommate from Aug 2001, just because he never lived in apt until end of July, I think. He was living with his girlfriend whole time but he came back once a while but he never stayed no longer than 1 week....

Roommate Problems [ 1 Answers ]

Hi everyone. I am just feeling frusterated right now and need to vent and perhaps get some advice. My roommate and were good friends however we have grown apart in the past months. I have a boyfriend I have been with 6 months and I usually go to his place as opposed to him coming over. Its easier...

Roommate Problems [ 2 Answers ]

My friend and I signed a one year contract for a home in Florida. We are the legal lease holders on this lease. He has moved his girlfriend in who has caused nothing but trouble. Do I have the right to tell her she must leave since I am on the lease and pay more then my friend pays, or do I have to...

Roommate problems [ 1 Answers ]

I leased a room in my house (that I own) to someone that needed a place on short notice. She would not sign a lease agreement. I want her OUT. We do not get along. I asked her for her rent 2 days ahead because I was going out of town. My ? Is can legally change the rent due date when there was no...

View more questions Search