Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    stinkerbooty Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 24, 2009, 04:03 PM
    Felony convictions
    Can I go to a 4 year college or ubiversity with a felony conviction?:confused::confused:
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Feb 24, 2009, 04:05 PM

Absolutely! What do you want to major in or what sort of profession are you thinking about entering?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Feb 24, 2009, 04:09 PM

Hi, stinkerbooty!

Sure, you can go to a college or university with a felony conviction. Has someone told you that you can't? It is possible that some institutions might have some restrictions based upon the nature of the crime committed, although I have yet to hear of any that do.

Are you off parole or probation and what was the nature of the crime that you committed, please?

Thanks!

Feb 25, 2009, 09:24 AM

Will be off parole in April, currently attended 2 yr college, want to transfer to 4yr college majoring in psych then go on to their masters program for linc professional counselor. Convicted of involuntary manslaughter 2 yrs in prison, have never been chargedor convicted of felonies ever, not even a misdemeanor, some traffic citations over 20 yrs ago

Feb 25, 2009, 09:27 AM

Will be off parole in April, currently attended 2 yr college, want to transfer to 4yr college majoring in psych then go on to their masters program for linc professional counselor. Convicted of involuntary manslaughter 2 yrs in prison, have never been chargedor convicted of felonies ever, not even a misdemeanor, some traffic citations over 20 yrs ago
    Please help:o:o:confused:
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Feb 25, 2009, 03:37 PM

Involuntary manslaughter is a felony conviction. If you need a state license to be a professional counselor, you would not pass the licensing criteria.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I have 2 felony convictions in NY [ 4 Answers ]

I have 2 felony convictions in NY. I am trying to find out if the felony convictions will ban me from any jobs other than law enforcement. Please help

Reguarding; Felony Convictions [ 4 Answers ]

Can you join any military branch if you have a felony conviction?????:confused:

Can I move to the uk with felony convictions [ 1 Answers ]

I am getting married to a german national, and she wants me to move there with here. I have no parole. Would us being married determine the decision?

Military Convictions Expunged? [ 2 Answers ]

My husband was convicted at his General Court-Martial of assult by battery, conspiracy with 3 unidentified co-conspiritors and fraternization. He was reduced from E5 to E1, lost all pay and allowances, is serving the first month of his one year and one day sentence and will be receiving a Bad...

View more questions Search