Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chi1tms Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 20, 2006, 10:18 AM
    Capacitor
    I replaced the fan, motor and the capacitor on my old Kenmore condenser unit. The unit runs well, and cools the house properly. Unfortunately once it cuts off, the motor will not turn unless I jump start it by turning the fan with my hand. Once it start again it runs fine and cools the house propely. It seems as if it once it gets hot it will not start by it's self
    juggallojed Posts: 165, Reputation: 10

Sep 4, 2006, 11:48 AM
    Start winding is damaged, replace the motor and capacitor again
    jgj6331 Posts: 153, Reputation: 19

Sep 5, 2006, 10:39 AM
    How long ago did you replace the parts? How long before it petered out? Might consider changing out the capacitor first and seeing if that's a fix before investing in a new motor. For most anything you do, use new parts -OEM if possible. Make sure cap and motor match.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Use of capacitor [ 5 Answers ]

I have a completely discharged (when I got it there was a paper clip between the posts) 120v capacitor. It is the same (physical) size as the capacitor my brother is currently using between his battery and amplifier in his car. I would like to know if I can charge this capacitor off my car battery...

Motor or Capacitor? [ 2 Answers ]

How can you rule out a bad capacitor? Is the only way by ohms?

Use of a capacitor [ 2 Answers ]

I have a completely discharged (when I got it there was a paper clip between the posts) 120v capacitor. It is the same (physical) size as the capacitor my brother is currently using between his battery and amplifier in his car. I would like to know if I can charge this capacitor off my car battery...

A/C Capacitor [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to know what would cause the capacitor to burn up on my A/C unit?

AC Capacitor Leaking Oil [ 1 Answers ]

Do I need to replace it or can I just clean it up & replace it when it breaks down?

View more questions Search