Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chriselle Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 23, 2009, 11:09 PM
    Inheritance-Is estranged husband entitled to mine?
    Is my estranged husband entitled to any of my inheritance not yet distributed?
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Feb 24, 2009, 03:25 PM

Mostly that's going to depend on where you live and if he survives you. In many states its considered separate. But should something happen to you and your still married then he would possibly be entitled to it. Do you have children ? What you might do is contact a lawyer in your area and write up a will leaving it to whomever. Also they could tell you what some of the state laws are for your area.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Estranged Son [ 9 Answers ]

My son is almost 23 years old, married for 6 months, and is a first year law student. His wife is emotionally very tied to her mother (unnaturally it seems as they are more like sisters than friends) and has decided without reason to never contact or return contact from anyone in our family. ...

If my husband got a homestead rebate as part owner of our house am I entitled to one? [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, it seems that I am having a tax question. My husband and I were married several years ago and recently found out that only he was getting a homestead rebate, don't ask me how. Am I entitled to a matched amount or is the amount he received the total for us as a married couple, filing...

A frined of mine has received an inheritance. [ 2 Answers ]

She has never had the type of money that she now has and has been very skeptical of the anyone wanting to help her invest. What are some pointers I can give her on her options on investing that money? What are the necessary steps to take in ensuring her money will be safe? She has already had a...

Estranged husband owes retro support and coming into lump sum of money! [ 6 Answers ]

I have 3 children with estranged husband... Im not divorced yet, due to financial trouble. He doesn't work anymore, but I do. He owes quite a large amount of Child Support. He is getting an inheritance in paper check form due to his father's passing, March of 2006. It went through probate in New...

She's mine all mine, song [ 1 Answers ]

It kind of an upbeat rock song and I'm not sure who sings it. Those are the only words I know lol

View more questions Search