Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Aug 20, 2006, 06:48 AM
    Clairifications wanted
    Hello:

I readily admit that I'm an old guy and don't know much about landlord tenant law. There are some new experts here who have alluded to some real good stuff, and I want to learn about it. After all, this is a place where you divulge secrets – not keep them.

I'm used to sending stuff certified mail. I didn't know the courts don't use it anymore. I don't know how to send the “notice letter with a rent check or delivery confirmation”. Maybe one of the new experts can tell us what that means or how to do it. He also suggests that one can do a “proof of mailing” yourself. Please tell me how to do that.

Additionally, this same expert suggests that he doesn't “use” the landlord tenant laws of his state. That's cool. I made a bunch of money showing people how they don't have to “use” the tax laws, so I know there's a way to do stuff like that. Please tell me how to do it.

He also uses jargon like “OP” and “HELCA”. I don't know what those terms mean. Please tell me what they mean.

excon
    Cvillecpm Posts: 553, Reputation: 28

Aug 20, 2006, 03:24 PM
    Ex - first, I'm a FEMALE - not a he.

OP = Original Post(er)

HELOC = Home Equity Line of Credit - easiest way for owner occupant to get property equity funds.

I've been a property manager for 40 years, hold 3 real estate broker licenses, a CPM designation and an MPM designation. I actually teach l-t classes and property management designation courses for NARPM.

I have also worked in a L-T rental resource agency for 2 years in CA and started one in CA from getting CDBG funding to hiring first ExDirector. I am a trained mediator * trained by trainer who trained staff at San Quentin if you can appreciate that.

You can learn about USPS delivery confirmation service on the USPS website. It allows you to actually track the delivery of a piece of mail online much like UPS or FedEx.

I, like Brooks, am a contributor on the Q&A section of MrLandlord and BadLandlord websites and contribute many RE industry related articles on several landlord/real estate websites.

My hope in joining this discussion is to provide realistic and worthwhile responses to real-life situations rather than just pointing or quoting state real estate/L-T statutes.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Help wanted [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I am in biology and we are working on balancing equations I have done a whole lot of the but I have a few that are giving me a whole lot of trouble I hope someone can help: KEY:I didn't know how to write the numbers on a lower line so if its so post to be on a lower line it has a ~ behind...

Your Opinions Wanted [ 8 Answers ]

Hello, A person asked this question at another question/answer websie: Sometimes my toshiba laptop slows down at any program I'm using. I go into Task Mangager and then under the Processes tab it shows 100% usage at the bottom of it so I have to reboot the PC to run normal. Why does it do this? ...

Bath for Cockapoo that has recently given birth [ 7 Answers ]

Hello I have a Cockapoo that has just gave birth and she had 5 puppies. Its been 4 or 5 days now. I wanted to know if its safe to take her a bath with soap. Because I was thinking if soap would get on her nipples the puppies would suck on them and that will cause a infection to them. So when can I...

View more questions Search