Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Malakim Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Feb 23, 2009, 06:08 PM
    Pain in Right Knee
    I have a mild pain in my right knee exactly where the joint is. It only hurts when I jog, run, walk up/down steps or kneeldown, I can straighten it fine, although there is a lot of clicking (not just one big click, but rather 2-4 small clicks). There is also a very audible crunching/grinding sound, like wet sand or stone.

The knee is not swollen, its not sore to the touch, doesn't hurt when I put preasure on it, the pain is only felt during bending or straightening (when weight is on it).

I don't know what could have caused this, but I've had it now for 7 months and it's really starting to affect me. The only thing that I can think of is from running, I used to do it a lot 7 months ago.

I thank you for any advice you can offer me.
    Thewizard Posts: 6, Reputation: 0

Feb 23, 2009, 08:44 PM

Sounds like the caralidge is going in the joint, that can get painfull, I would see your doctor.
    KBC Posts: 2,550, Reputation: 487
    Ultra Member

Feb 23, 2009, 09:05 PM

My left knee acted up last season,I had scope surgery done(not extremely invasive at all)and they found a loose piece of bone broken off as well as the pain you described,the soft material which cushions the bones)had a tear,treated with stitching and mild shaving off the arthritis developing.

Not a bad recovery time(so far about 8 weeks and I have been using the stretches/therapy for the entire time(I walked out of the hospital on my own.)

Ask for X-rays and then go from there,MRI's are NOT as good as they claim,the MRI people will miss things a surgeon will see on an X-ray,sad I know,but true!

Hope you pursue this before it goes to far.

KBC
    Cereal044 Posts: 4, Reputation: 2

Feb 23, 2009, 10:52 PM
    I am a physical therapy student. I believe this is an injury to you meniscus. This is a part of your knee that absorbs shock and helps with Joint movement. By not getting to a doctor to check it out you could be causing more damage and pain.
    Malakim Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Feb 24, 2009, 08:24 AM
    Thanks for the reply guys, it could take me awhile to get an x-ray, a friend of mine waited almost 3 months for his, unless your in A&E you have to wait in a queue. I wish we had US's medical service.:mad:

I'll push them for it though, until then, will it be fine if I keep weight off the leg, will it prevent anymore damage? If not I'll have to try A&E tomorrow.
    KBC Posts: 2,550, Reputation: 487
    Ultra Member

Feb 24, 2009, 11:40 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Malakim View Post
    Thanks for the reply guys, it could take me awhile to get an xray, a friend of mine waited almost 3 months for his, unless your in A&E you have to wait in a queue. I wish we had US's medical service.:mad:

I'll push them for it though, until then, will it be fine if I keep weight off the leg, will it prevent anymore damage? if not I'll have to try A&E tomorrow.
    I don't know long term effects of light duty for an injury.Sorry.Maybe the others have some good advice for your needs!
    Cereal044 Posts: 4, Reputation: 2

Feb 24, 2009, 11:58 AM

I don't think you have to stay off it completely just try and keep it pain free... if it is bothering throw a little ice on there, that can never hurt... good lucj
    help Rich Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 1, 2009, 02:52 PM
    If the pain and popping you are getting is in more in the front of your knee, it may simply be a wearing down of the articular cartilage on the undersurface of your kneecap. If it is more on the inner or outer knee, it could be meniscus or arthritis. Getting an x-ray and evaluation from a physician may be necessary. In the meantime, look up patella maltracking on webmd and you can learn some exercises that may help.
    pamela24680 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 12, 2011, 11:44 AM
    I keep getting pain in my knee its very painfull cannot move it back wards if I seat down to long the pain is there what can it be
    PantherFAN1 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

May 10, 2012, 12:34 PM
    Eh suck it up
    PantherFAN1 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

May 10, 2012, 12:35 PM
    Like for real stop being a and take it like a man! You dildo

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Knee pain [ 2 Answers ]

I've always had slight knee pain every once in a while but recently I've developed a sharp pain under my knee cap. The pain comes with extending my leg. Skiing is a probable cause. Walking upstairs often hurts. What are some probable causes/treatments?

Knee Pain [ 1 Answers ]

I am 10 weeks post op from ACL Revision, and my knee still swells a lot doing minor activities and the pain can get pretty bad! I Had microfracture in Feb this year also and previous 2 surgeries dating back to 1990 what's going on. I can't bend my knee past 90 degress still and the strength is not...

Knee pain [ 1 Answers ]

I have burning behind my knee I do excersise cross trainer and bike riding could I have damaged something and what do I do to help the symptons

Knee pain [ 1 Answers ]

I’m 7 weeks into a knee injury. I fell from 3 feet up on top of a wood bench going through the seating part catching my leg in the frame clipping my knee just below the kneecap and hyper extending as I rolled at the same time. I had a mri and x-rays at 4 weeks and was told that the lcl and meniscus...

View more questions Search