Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    missbocboc Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Feb 23, 2009, 05:45 PM
    Gas oven not working
    :confused:I have a fridgidaire gas self cleaning stove my burners work fine on top of stove but when I turn my oven onto temp. and push the start button it will go to pre heat but the gas does not come trough and it does not try to light what is wrong and how can I fix it thank you
    corrillo Posts: 13, Reputation: 3

Feb 23, 2009, 07:10 PM

There is a ignitor in the oven that has two wires on it when they go bad the oven will not light if you go to a local appliance shop with your make and model they can give you the part you need runs around 40 to 80 dollars and is not hard to change 2 screws and two wires

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

HotPoint oven range not working properly [ 1 Answers ]

I try to turn the oven on by setting the tempeture, but most of the time the oven keeps saying UNLOCK it blinks and beeps and won't let me set a temp. If I do get to set the tempeture for it. As soon as the oven preheats the UNLOCK starts to blink again and the oven automatically shuts off, can...

Fan on Oven not working [ 3 Answers ]

The fan on my electric oven (freestanding) is not working. The element is on it's highest setting and cannot be turned off at the switch. Do I need a new element? Please help an enthusiastic DIYer. Thanks

Convection Oven fan not working but glows red hot [ 1 Answers ]

We own a Frigidaire Gallery Convection Oven (Model # CFEF388RES1) which was purchased new in 1997. Recently the convection oven fan stopped working (spinning) but the heating element within the fan housing seems okay and burns bright red when the convection setting in engaged. Any insights or...

Downdraft Stove oven element not working [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Whirlpool Downdraft stove and the lower element has stopped heating up. I have the 'element' but I don't know how to install it. Do you have to remove the stove from the wall? I wouldn't think so, but I can't seem to find a way to install it from 'inside' the stove. Please...

Fan on fan oven stopped working [ 1 Answers ]

The fan on my fan oven has stopped going round! The oven gets hot but doesn't cook well at all. Can this be repaired or do I need a new oven!:mad:

View more questions Search