Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    krammer Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 19, 2006, 09:32 PM
    Hello Members !
    I am new to the site and am I looking for suse users. I am trying to install but I am not gettting anywhere. I need help. I put in the drive and opens the folder. Any help

David
    Jay_Jay Posts: 74, Reputation: 15

Aug 20, 2006, 06:41 AM
    Hi David:) welcome to the forum.

To get answers to your question your better to put it into a section where others post on the type of question you have I/E computers etc like here
    LTheobald Posts: 1,051, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Aug 22, 2006, 04:56 AM
    Hi Krammer.

You need to restart your PC with the CD in the drive. It should then load SuSE for you. Just putting it in while you are in Windows won't work.

Aug 22, 2006, 08:07 AM
    Thanks, What I have done is to change the sequence in the bios then it booted right into suse. Now my problem is connecting to the internet. I am using a usb device which is not connecting to the router. Also what do I put
    For domain and host information?
    LTheobald Posts: 1,051, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Aug 22, 2006, 09:19 AM
    When you say "USB device" what do you mean exactly?

Normally with trouble connecting to the internet the first thjing I check is that the module (think driver if you are used to Windows) for the network card is loaded. This will be in the config somewhere. I'll try and download a live CD of SuSE if I get time and detail the steps I took to get the internet working - maybe this will help.

Note to any moderators reading this thread: Where's PSI when you need him :P

Aug 22, 2006, 11:12 AM
    Hello again,
    I use a linksys usb adapter to connect to the router and really first I have to config the adapter first to connect to the internet. Well the adapter usually has a blinking light which means there is a connetion but the light has been blinking nor lite. I am going on vacation for a week take your time and I really
    Apprectiate your knowledge!!

Thanks,

David

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pictures of our members [ 1265 Answers ]

I'm always curious as to what folk look like - and think a member gallery would be cool. Yes, a few have their own pic as their avatar, but not many... Don't be bashful, folks... and please don't let my ugly mug be the only pic in this thread :p 1788

For ACLU members [ 10 Answers ]

I want to gather information on what you as ACLU members think the ACLU actually stands for. Please answer without doing research because hopefully you already have as an ACLU member.

View more questions Search