Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    IdNeko Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Feb 23, 2009, 03:24 PM
    It's creeping me out.
    Whenever I walk by lit candles the flame always leans towards me, even if there is no wind. Any help with that?
    ordinaryguy Posts: 1,790, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Feb 23, 2009, 03:32 PM

Your body heat creates a rising column of air, drawing air toward you. Or it could be magic.
    ordinaryguy Posts: 1,790, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Feb 23, 2009, 03:33 PM
    Either way, no need to be creeped out.

Feb 23, 2009, 03:34 PM
    Any way to stop it though? Cause it leans towards me even if I'm sitting on the couch and the candle is on the other side of the room.
    BlackVY Posts: 823, Reputation: 154

Feb 23, 2009, 04:00 PM

Haha... instead of the moth being attracted to the flame... the flame is being attracted to the moth... lol...

That makes you a moth... lol...

Sorry... couldn't help myself... ;)
    Alder Posts: 342, Reputation: 71

Feb 24, 2009, 12:59 PM

Candle flames leaning toward you from across the room is unusual. This would be a good one for a ghosthunter-type investigator to confirm. Simple enough to test: Set up several candles around an empty room, photograph them to confirm they are pointing straight up (e.g. no drafts). Then have you sit in the middle of the room. Videotape you, to verify you aren't moving around or anything. If the candles on different sides of you can be photographed as all pointing toward you, that would be a pretty freaky phenomenon, in that ordinarily, if they are all being affected by the same breeze, they would all point the same direction. The only way they would all point inward would be, as ordinaryguy suggested, an updraft, which ordinarily would require a substantial heat source.

Candle flames are susceptible to magic (and vice versa, which is why magical and spiritual people use candles so much). If this is a sign that you have some kind of magical energy flowing around your body, do you want it to go away? Or do you want to learn to harness it?

Feb 24, 2009, 10:21 PM
    I'd prefer to harness it, I know that I've been told I have an affinity for fire by all my 'spiritual' friends...
    mona93 Posts: 61, Reputation: 0

Jun 27, 2009, 03:57 PM

I think it's a ghost attached to you
    Just Dahlia Posts: 2,155, Reputation: 445
    Ultra Member

Jun 29, 2009, 04:23 PM
    I say try the experiment and then let us all know what happens. We can even watch the video.:)
    Edward55 Posts: 30, Reputation: 1

Nov 2, 2009, 10:50 PM

This is rather a very good thing. There is magic in you just like me. Its about elemental Magic or possibly Fire Magic that's makes the magic spirit within your mind cast it towards you which if you would know maybe later if you train on it you might control it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cartoon movie with smoke creeping out of a door. [ 3 Answers ]

There is this movie I vaguely remember from when I was younger, and it keeps popping up in my mind over the years. There is a young kid who sees a parade, I think she might have some sort of a pet? Then at night a big ballon comes and takes her to this fairytale/fantasy/forest even? The part...

Communism is creeping into Latin America [ 14 Answers ]

While the world media is watching the mid-east, communism is creeping into Latin America, thanks to Cuba and Chavez. This coming Sunday’s vote may even bring it to a “surge” in that direction. "He who says he supports Chavez but votes 'no' is a traitor, a true traitor," so says Chavez. That sounds...

Creeping myself out [ 2 Answers ]

I'm creeping myself out I'm so danm perinoid now every thing I've said I'm 100% sertain is real but now when I looks someplace I might see a human figure then it goes away I hear a bunch of sounds I don't think are all real and I'm scard I don't know what to do I'm getting so jumpy help I'm having...

View more questions Search